FRST 37, Davidson 78Nov 26, 2009 - 2:53 AM DAVIDSON, N.C. (AP) -- Will Archambault scored 22 points and Davidson beat Fredonia State 78-37 on Wednesday night.
Following a 9-9 tie with 14:45 left in the first half, the Wildcats (1-4) went on a 15-5 run and weren't challenged for the rest of their home opener.
JP Kuhlman, who finished with 11 points, gave Davidson a 24-14 lead on a layup with 6:42 left until halftime.
Kuhlman and Archambault scored 11 and 10 points in the first half, respectively, for the Wildcats, who led 32-20 at halftime.
Davidson then opened the second half on a 24-3 run for a 56-23 lead with 10:04 remaining on Jake Cohen's layup. Cohen finished with 18 points.
The Wildcats were 6 of 12 from 3-point range, including a 5-for-9 effort by Archambault.
Brad Cooper scored 10 points to pace the Division III Blue Devils (1-2), who faced their first Division I opponent since Indiana State in 1987.
- NCAA BB
FREDONIA STATE 37
DAVIDSON 78 FINAL
Nov 25 8:52 PM
- NCAA BB
FREDONIA STATE 20
DAVIDSON 32 HALFTIME
Nov 25 7:48 PM
- White dominates as Iowa downs Davidson Mar 21
- South Region pits Hawkeyes against Wildcats Mar 20
- VCU beats Davidson to reach A-10 title game Mar 14
- Rams and Wildcats collide in A-10 bout Mar 14
- No. 24 Davidson beats La Salle at buzzer Mar 13
- Explorers seek upset of Wildcats in A-10 Tournament Mar 13
- Davidson hands No. 22 Dayton first A-10 loss Jan 20
- Davidson hosts No. 22 Dayton Jan 20
- VCU holds off Davidson Jan 8
- Rams butt heads with Wildcats in A-10 matchup Jan 7
- UVa shakes off slow start, downs Davidson Dec 30
- Wildcats come calling on third-ranked Cavaliers Dec 30