Long Beach State tops UCLA for first time, 79-68Nov 29, 2009 - 9:58 PM ANAHEIM, Calif.(AP) -- T.J. Robinson tied his career high with 25 points and added 13 rebounds to lead Long Beach State to a 79-68 victory over UCLA in the seventh-place game of the 76 Classic on Sunday.
Stephan Gilling had 13 points and Casper Ware added 11 points and six assists for the 49ers (4-3), who defeated UCLA for the first time in school history after 11 losses dating back to 1970.
Michael Roll scored a season-high 23 points for the Bruins (2-4). Reeves Nelson came off the bench to add 11 points and eight rebounds.
Long Beach shot 53.6 percent for the game, 64.3 percent in the second half, and scored 15 points off turnovers.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
UCLA 31 37 68
LONG BEACH STATE 32 47 79 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: UCLA - MICHAEL ROLL 23, REEVES NELSON 11, TWO
PLAYERS WITH 9
LONG BEACH STATE - T.J. ROBINSON 25, STEPHAN GILLING 13,
CASPER WARE 11
Nov 29 4:33 PM
- NCAA BB
LONG BEACH ST 32 HALFTIME
Nov 29 3:21 PM
- Michigan-UCLA basketball to play home-and-home series May 13
- UCLA guard Bryce Alford recovering from hit to jaw Mar 6
- UCLA has deep, balanced team in Steve Alford's 3rd season Oct 28
- UCLA Preview Capsule Oct 28
- UCLA freshman Looney declares for NBA Draft Apr 6
- Gonzaga advances after pulling away from UCLA Mar 28
- UCLA and Gonzaga square off in South Region semifinals Mar 27
- UCLA beats UAB to reach Sweet 16 Mar 21
- Spot in Sweet 16 awaits winner of UAB vs. UCLA Mar 21
- Madness! UCLA beats SMU on goaltending call Mar 19
- Bruins battle Mustangs in South Regional affair Mar 19
- Ashley scores 24 as Arizona tops UCLA Mar 14