Yale cruises to 92-71 win over Albertus MagnusJan 8, 2010 - 3:35 AM NEW HAVEN, Conn.(AP) -- Freshman Austin Morgan scored a career-high 17 points to lead five Yale players in double figures in the Bulldogs' 92-71 victory over Albertus Magnus on Thursday night.
Yale (5-11) ended a five-game skid while playing its first home game since beating Bryant 69-54 on Dec. 9. The Bulldogs had a season-high 14 blocked shots.
Michael Sands and Reggie Willhite had 14 points each for Yale while Michael Grace had a career-high 11 points and six assists and Paul Nelson had 11 points, seven rebounds and four blocks.
Yale's bench outscored Albertus Magnus, a Division III school, by a 44-19 margin as 11 Bulldogs scored.
Ray Askew had 19 points and 17 rebounds for the Falcons (6-3), who led by six after 5 minutes and had a one-point lead with 2 minutes left in the first half.
The Bulldogs closed the half ahead 43-38 and began the second half with a 13-2 run to pull away.
- NCAA BB
ALBERTUS MAGNUS 71
YALE 92 FINAL
Jan 7 8:59 PM
- NCAA BB
ALBERTUS MAGNUS 38
YALE 43 HALFTIME
Jan 7 7:49 PM
- Defending champ Duke, upstart Yale ready for 2nd round clash Mar 18
- From controversy to NCAA upset artist, Yale eyeing more Mar 18
- Yale blocks out captain's dismissal heading to NCAA tourney Mar 16
- Former Yale captain says he'll sue school over expulsion Mar 14
- Yale, without captain, celebrates first bid in 54 years Mar 13
- Yale team navigates campus anger amid NCAA Tournament bid Mar 10
- Yale captain Montague won't return to Ivy league leaders Feb 24
- Harvard edges Yale in thriller for Ivy League title Mar 15
- Murray State beats Yale for CIT title Apr 3
- Racers host Bulldogs for CIT crown Apr 3
- Napier's triple-double leads UConn past Yale Nov 11
- Yale seeks upset of No. 18 UConn Nov 11