Appalachian State beats Tennessee Tech 81-68Feb 21, 2010 - 2:37 AM BOONE, N.C.(AP) -- Donald Sims scored 25 points, leading four Appalachian State players in double figures as the Mountaineers beat Tennessee Tech 81-68 on Saturday night.
Kellen Brand added 16 points while Jeremi Booth and Isaac Butts chipped in 15 apiece for the Mountaineers (17-11), who have won five of their past six games.
Sims and Booth hit five 3-pointers apiece, and the Mountaineers finished 12-for-22 from beyond the arc (54.5 percent). The Golden Eagles were just 4-for-12 from long range (33.3 percent).
The teams were tied at 15-all midway through the opening half when Sims, Ryann Abraham and Booth hit three consecutive 3-pointers. The barrage of 3s sparked an 18-4 run and the Mountaineers led the rest of the way.
Kevin Murphy paced the Golden Eagles (13-16) with 25 points while Alfred Jones added 12. Tennessee Tech has lost five of its past six.
- NCAA BB
TENNESSEE TECH 68
APPALACHIAN ST 81 FINAL
Feb 20 9:05 PM
- NCAA BB
TENNESSEE TECH 34
APPALACHIAN ST 39 HALFTIME
Feb 20 7:52 PM
- Tennessee Tech overtakes Robert Morris in 85-72 win Nov 27
- Tennessee Tech rips Piedmont College, 110-72 Nov 14
- Fox named Appalachian State hoops coach Apr 8
- Appalachian State fires Capel Mar 10
- Tennessee Tech no match for No. 24 Oklahoma State Dec 22
- Pokes put perfect home mark on line against Golden Eagles Dec 22
- Missouri handles Appalachian State Dec 2
- Mountaineers face uphill climb in clash with 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 1
- Murray State routs Tennessee Tech in OVC semifinals Mar 2
- Golden Eagles hope to knock Racers out of OVC Tournament Mar 2
- Racers close out regular season with win over Tennessee Tech Feb 26
- Racers seek another milestone in visit to Golden Eagles Feb 25