Boston U. beats Delaware 78-65Feb 20, 2010 - 10:24 PM NEWARK, Del.(AP) -- John Holland scored a career-high 43 points, including a season-high six 3-pointers, leading Boston University to a 78-65 win over Delaware on Saturday.
Holland finished 14-for-20 from the floor, 9-for-11 from the foul line and 6-for-10 on 3-pointers for the Terriers (16-12). He also tallied three steals.
Carlos Strong added 11 points and hit two 3s for the Terriers, who finished 10-for-24 from long range (41.7 percent). The Blue Hens were just 3-for-18 from beyond the arc (16.7 percent).
The Terriers went 14-for-17 at the charity stripe (82.4 percent) compared to a 16-for-25 mark (64 percent) for Delaware.
The teams were tied at 32 at halftime, but Boston U. came out of the break on a 13-4 run and never looked back. Holland scored six consecutive points, including a 3-pointer, during the Boston U. spree.
Alphonso Dawson paced the Blue Hens (7-21) with 19 points.
- NCAA BB
BOSTON UNIV 78
DELAWARE 65 FINAL
Feb 20 3:59 PM
- NCAA BB
BOSTON UNIV 32
DELAWARE 32 HALFTIME
Feb 20 2:50 PM
- Delaware fires men's basketball coach Monte Ross Mar 18
- Late free throw helps Delaware top Fairleigh Dickinson 73-72 Nov 24
- Villanova routs Delaware Nov 30
- Undefeated Wildcats entertain hapless Blue Hens Nov 30
- No. 1 Kentucky pulls away in 2nd half against BU Nov 21
- Terriers face tall task in clash with top-ranked Wildcats Nov 21
- Delaware's Threatt kicked off team Jun 10
- Payne stars as Michigan State dumps Delaware in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Spartans begin tournament against Blue Hens Mar 20
- American takes down BU to win Patriot League crown Mar 12
- Eagles and Terriers meet for Patriot League crown Mar 12
- Delaware edges William & Mary for CAA title Mar 11