Lawson leads Creighton to 78-58 win over LoyolaFeb 21, 2010 - 4:53 AM OMAHA, Neb.(AP) -- Kenny Lawson had 19 points and 10 rebounds to lead Creighton to a 78-58 win over Loyola Chicago in a BracketBuster game on Saturday night.
Lawson ignited Creighton (14-14) at the start of the second half, by scoring five of his team's first seven points during a 10-2 run. The Bluejays, who led 34-33 at the break, coasted from there.
Walt Gibler had 15 points for the Ramblers (14-13), and Terrance Hill added 12.
Cavel Witter scored 12 points for Creighton.
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA CHI 58
CREIGHTON 78 FINAL
Feb 20 11:34 PM
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA CHI 33
CREIGHTON 34 HALFTIME
Feb 20 10:23 PM
- Creighton's Maurice Watson Jr. says he's returning to school May 6
- Starter in 2014-15, Orange's Kaleb Joseph heads to Creighton Apr 18
- Creighton's Maurice Watson continues to prove doubters wrong Feb 10
- Creighton hoping transfers Watson, Huff can spark turnaround Oct 21
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- Warhawks and Ramblers clash in CBI championship series Mar 30
- Georgetown fends off Creighton in Big East quarters Mar 13
- Big East tourney action pits Bluejays against Hoyas Mar 12
- Northern Iowa downs Loyola to reach MVC final Mar 7
- MVC semifinals pits Panthers against Ramblers Mar 7