Bradley takes 76-60 win over DrexelFeb 21, 2010 - 3:45 AM PEORIA, Ill.(AP) -- Chris Roberts snagged a double-double, scoring 15 points and pulling down 11 rebounds, to hoist Bradley to a 76-60 win over Drexel on Saturday night.
The Braves (14-13) went into halftime up 33-26 and then pulled away even more in the second half with the final margin representing their largest lead of the night.
Bradley's Sam Maniscalco led the game in scoring with 20 points, including going 8-for-8 from the free-throw line. Andrew Warren helped out with 18 points.
The Dragons (15-14) shot just 34 percent from the field, but Leon Spencer still found his way to a double-double with 13 points and 10 rebounds.
Drexel's Chris Fouch finished with 16 points and Jamie Harris with 10.
It was just the second time in history the two teams played each other. Bradley won the last meeting 66-53 on March 12, 1997.
BRADLEY 76 FINAL
Feb 20 10:07 PM
- NCAA BB
BRADLEY 33 HALFTIME
Feb 20 8:52 PM
- Drexel hires Army's Zach Spiker as basketball coach. Mar 25
- Drexel fires coach Bruiser Flint after 15 seasons Mar 7
- Lee transfers to Louisville Apr 23
- Bradley names Brian Wardle head coach Mar 27
- Northern Iowa advances with rout of Bradley Mar 6
- Braves face tall task in MVC semifinals against Panthers Mar 6
- Northern Iowa rolls over Bradley Feb 21
- Bradley challenges No. 11 Northern Iowa Feb 21
- No. 7 Wichita State holds off Bradley Feb 4
- Shockers seek redemption in MVC melee with Braves Feb 4
- No. 23 Northern Iowa tops Bradley Jan 13
- Panthers and Braves mix it up in Missouri Valley melee Jan 13