San Jose St. 77, Montana St. 66Feb 21, 2010 - 4:44 AM BOZEMAN, Mont. (AP) -- Chris Oakes had 16 points and 12 rebounds to lead San Jose State to a 77-66 win over Montana State in a nonconference BracketBuster series game Saturday night.
The Spartans (13-12) gained their first road win in 2010, breaking a streak of six straight losses away from home dating back to a 74-68 win at Santa Clara on Dec. 23.
Adrian Oliver had 18 points for SJSU. Robert Owens added 15 and Mac Peterson had 14 points and nine rebounds. The Spartans outrebounded the Bobcats 46-33.
Danny Piepoli led Montana State (14-13) with 17 points. Bobby Howard added 15 and Marquis Navarre 13.
The Bobcats led 30-25 before SJSU closed out the first half with a 15-1 run. Oakes keyed the streak with six points to give the Spartans a 40-31 halftime lead.
SJSU enjoyed a big edge at the free-throw line, making 22 of 30 compared to 10 of 16 for the Bobcats.
- NCAA BB
SAN JOSE ST 77
MONTANA ST 66 FINAL
Feb 20 11:00 PM
- NCAA BB
SAN JOSE ST 40
MONTANA ST 31 HALFTIME
Feb 20 9:53 PM
- Correction: New Mexico-San Jose St story Jan 25
- Kentucky crushes Montana St. Nov 23
- Top-ranked Kentucky continues run against Montana State Nov 23
- No. 13 San Diego State dominates San Jose State Feb 26
- Aztecs tangle with Spartans in MWC affair Feb 25
- No. 7 SDSU routs San Jose State Jan 23
- Aztecs and Spartans mix it up in Mountain West melee Jan 22
- San Jose State hires Dave Wojcik as basketball coach Mar 29
- San Jose State fires men's hoops coach Mar 13
- No. 25 Louisiana Tech downs San Jose State for 18th-straight win Mar 3
- Spartans seek upset of 25th-ranked Bulldogs Mar 2
- Withey's exploits allow Kansas to hold off San Jose State Nov 27