Long Beach State easily beats Idaho 77-66Feb 21, 2010 - 5:14 AM MOSCOW, Idaho(AP) -- T.J. Robinson got his 16th double-double of the season as he scored 22 points and grabbed 15 rebounds to carry Long Beach State past Idaho 77-66 on Saturday.
The 49ers (13-14) got ahead early, going into the break up 35-21 and then leading by as many as 17 points early in the second half.
They were also helped out by Casper Ware, who scored 20 points, including shooting 10-for-10 from the free-throw line. Greg Plater added 12 points and Larry Anderson had 10.
The Vandals (13-13) cut their deficit to eight points, 58-50, with about 5 1/2 minutes to go when Steffan Johnson hit a pair of 3-pointers. But they didn't get closer after that.
Johnson finished with 11 points, while Mac Hopson led the team with 15 points, including 11-for-11 shooting from the free-throw line.
Marvin Jefferson added 13 points for the Vandals.
- NCAA BB
LONG BEACH ST 77
IDAHO 66 FINAL
Feb 20 10:35 PM
- NCAA BB
LONG BEACH ST 35
IDAHO 21 HALFTIME
Feb 20 9:19 PM
- Louisville handles Long Beach to get back on track Dec 30
- Cardinals seek redemption in clash with 49ers Dec 30
- No. 17 St. John's routs Long Beach State Dec 23
- 49ers hoping to calm Red Storm Dec 22
- Texas holds off Long Beach State Dec 21
- Long Beach State faces uphill climb in tussle with Texas Dec 20
- San Diego State edges Long Beach State Dec 11
- Aztecs to try and continue dominance over Golden State foes Dec 10
- New Mexico State wins 3rd straight WAC title Mar 16
- Vandals and Aggies to decide WAC Tournament champion Mar 15
- Missouri gets past Long Beach State Jan 4
- Tigers close out non-league play against 49ers Jan 4