Winston-Salem State defeats Ferrum 62-49Feb 5, 2010 - 5:33 AM WINSTON-SALEM, N.C.(AP) -- Paul Davis had 11 points and nine rebounds as Winston-Salem State defeated Ferrum 62-49 on Thursday night.
Corey Morris and Brian Fisher added 10 points each and 13 players saw action for the Rams (8-12), who shot 53.3 percent from the field (16-for-30) in the first half to take a 38-24 halftime lead.
Winston-Salem State used a 13-0 run to break a 22-22 tie and take a 35-22 lead on Lamar Monger's 3-pointer with 5:35 left in the first half.
The Rams scored the first six points of the second half to take a 44-24 lead on Davis' layup with 14:56 to play.
Davis, who went 5-for-5 from the field, led the Rams in scoring for the seventh consecutive game and in rebounds for the fifth straight game. Winston-Salem State outscored Ferrum 46-22 in the paint.
Nick English scored 14 and Derek Mitchell had 13 points and 10 rebounds to lead Ferrum (9-12), a Division III program.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Winston-Salem defeats SC State 61-59 Mar 4
- Bethune-Cookman tops Winston-Salem 66-45 Mar 1
- Florida A&M defeats Winston-Salem State 75-61 Feb 27
- Winston-Salem State tops North Carolina A&T 79-74 Feb 22
- Norfolk State defeats Winston-Salem State 74-50 Feb 20
- Winston-Salem defeats Coppin State 70-60 Feb 15
- Morgan State beats Winston-Salem 79-65 Feb 13
- Hampton beats Winston-Salem 55-53 Feb 8
- Winston-Salem holds off Howard 62-58 Feb 6
- Bethune-Cookman beats Winston-Salem State 74-48 Feb 1
- Florida A&M edges Winston-Salem 75-69 Jan 30