No. 24 Missouri routs NiagaraNov 18, 2011 - 3:49 AM Columbia, MO (Sports Network) - Marcus Denmon scored a game-high 22 points with seven rebounds as 24th-ranked Missouri routed Niagara 83-52.
Kim English added 14 points, while Matt Pressey, Ricardo Ratliffe and Michael Dixon each scored 12 for Missouri (3-0).
"We're really clicking as a unit, and that comes from preparation all week," English said. "It makes the games fun, and we showed tonight how well we can play when we play together for 40 minutes."
Juan'ya Green and Antoine Mason were the only Niagara (1-1) scorers to reach double-digits as each netted 10 points apiece.
Niagara briefly took its only lead of the game when Ameen Tanksley hit a jumper 1:15 into the game to make it 2-1, but Denmon's layup just 22 seconds later put Missouri ahead for good.
An 11-2 run capped by Pressey's three-pointer with 12:57 left in the first half extended Missouri's lead to 22-8 before the Tigers took a 45-22 lead into the half.
Missouri then cruised through the second half to take the win, outscoring Niagara 38-30.
English made four three-pointers in the game to give him 13 through the first three games, which is a new school record...Missouri extended its non- conference home winning streak to 61 games...This is the third straight season the Tigers started the year 3-0...It was the first-ever meeting between the two teams.
- NIAGARA: 52
Nov 17 9:50 PM
- NIAGARA: 22
Nov 17 8:49 PM
- NIAGARA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Nov 17 8:06 PM
- Missouri players Isabell, Wright decide to transfer Mar 15
- Anderson gets vote of confidence from athletic director Mar 9
- Missouri says F D'Angelo Allen plans to transfer Feb 29
- Missouri dismisses junior guard Wes Clark Feb 16
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy Feb 9
- Niagara edges Marist 69-66 Jan 28
- Banned Missouri booster says he meant no harm Jan 19
- Missouri admits NCAA hoops violations, vacates '13-14 season Jan 14
- Missouri at a glance Oct 29
- Missouri adds new faces, still picked to finish last in SEC Oct 29
- Turnovers cost Missouri in loss to Arkansas Feb 18
- No. 18 Arkansas plays host to Missouri Feb 18