No. 12 Florida rolls past RiderDec 10, 2011 - 3:27 AM
Bradley Beal added 18 points for the Gators (7-2), who have won back-to-back contests since losing to Syracuse earlier this month. Patric Young and Erving Walker tallied 12 points for Florida, which went 14-of-33 from beyond the arc. That included a 5-of-9 effort from Boynton and 4-of-6 performance from Walker.
Jeff Jones scored 20 for the Broncs (1-9), whose lone victory came November 21 against Howard. Rider, which also received 12 points from Brandon Penn, has lost five in a row since that time.
Boynton's layup widened Florida's lead to 22-12 nearly nine minutes into the game and Young's jam extended the gap to 15 points with under five minutes remaining.
Mike Rosario's jumper in the dying seconds of the half moved the margin to 43-27 at the break.
The Broncs, who shot 17-of-30 in the second stanza, fell further behind, though, thanks to the prolific shooting from the Gators. Walker's three made it 54-29 three minutes into the second half and Florida cruised down the stretch.
Anthony Myles had 11 points and eight rebounds for Rider...Young also had 10 rebounds...The Gators don't play until next Saturday against Texas A&M in Sunrise, while Rider returns home to host Princeton on Wednesday...The Gators hold an 8-0 record at Veterans Memorial Arena.
- RIDER: 69
Dec 9 8:55 PM
- RIDER: 27
Dec 9 7:49 PM
- RIDER: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 9 7:05 PM
- Virginia Tech guard Jalen Hudson transfers to Florida May 16
- Florida guard Francis-Ramirez transferring after 2 seasons May 4
- Florida's Devin Robinson out 4-6 months after foot surgery Apr 21
- Florida guard Walker plans to transfer after graduation Mar 28
- Florida's Egbunu to have season-ending thumb surgery Mar 15
- Florida's Egbunu uncertain to play against UNF in NIT Mar 14
- Florida C Egbunu tears thumb ligament before SEC Tournament Mar 9
- Florida trying to rebuild NCAA resume at SEC Tournament Mar 7
- February freefall leaves Florida in need of Kentucky win Feb 29
- With road stretch looming, Florida needs to win at home Feb 8
- Florida likely without starter Justin Leon vs No. 9 WVU Jan 29
- Florida takes pressure off Finney-Smith to be more vocal Jan 18