No. 20 Michigan routs Alabama A&MDec 18, 2011 - 12:59 AM Ann Arbor, MI (Sports Network) - Trey Burke scored 19 points, Evan Smotrycz contributed a double-double of 17 points and 11 rebounds and 20th-ranked Michigan cruised to an 87-57 victory over Alabama A&M at Crisler Arena.
Tim Hardaway Jr. and Zack Novak posted 13 points apiece for the Wolverines (9-2), who shot 55 percent from the floor for the game. Burke, Hardaway Jr. and Novak each had four assists.
"We put together 40 minutes of some consistency to our game with the exception of again, the thing we need to shore up and work at, decision-making," said Michigan head coach John Beilein.
Casey Canty paced the Bulldogs (2-4) with 15 points, while Jeremy Ingram scored 14 in defeat.
Michigan netted 13 straight points after the Bulldogs' Jeremy Crutcher opened the game with a jumper. Alabama A&M managed to trim its deficit to five at 14-9 after two Canty free throws, but a three-point play by Burke put the Wolverines up 31-15 with 7:42 remaining in the first half.
Although Alabama A&M momentarily pulled within single digits, Michigan, behind 48 percent shooting, led 41-27 at halftime.
The Wolverines went on a 15-2 run to start the second half and their lead ballooned to 74-44 on a Smotrycz jumper with less than eight minutes remaining.
"With a team that size and that strong we had to keep the intensity up," Alabama A&M head coach Willie Hayes said. "We played well in the first half but came out lackluster in the second."
Saturday's game marked the first-ever meeting between these two programs on the hardwood...The Wolverines are 6-0 this season at home...Michigan drained 10-of-22 three-pointers and made 17 free throws to the Bulldogs' eight...Crutcher and Brandon Allen scored 12 and 10 points, respectively, for Alabama A&M...The Bulldogs were limited to 32 percent shooting.
- ALABAMA A&M: 57
Dec 17 1:52 PM
- ALABAMA A&M: 27
Dec 17 12:47 PM
- ALABAMA A&M: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 17 12:02 PM
- Michigan-UCLA basketball to play home-and-home series May 13
- Michigan hires assistant hoops coaches Donlon and Washington May 4
- Michigan's Chatman receives release, plans to transfer May 3
- Michigan's Dawkins transferring to play for father at UCF Apr 6
- Michigan lifts transfer restrictions for Doyle, Albrecht Apr 1
- Doyle, Albrecht receive transfer releases from Michigan Mar 29
- Michigan-Notre Dame is still a great rivalry Mar 17
- Michigan's last-second shots set up First Four vs Tulsa Mar 16
- Tough finish for injured Michigan seniors LeVert, Albrecht Mar 2
- Michigan's Caris LeVert out for season because of ailing leg Mar 1
- Michigan's LeVert returns from leg injury against Purdue Feb 13
- LeVert sitting out again for Michigan against Maryland Jan 12