Baylor handles Jackson StateNov 14, 2011 - 3:28 AM Waco, TX (Sports Network) - Quincy Miller scored 17 points and Quincy Acy added 14 as the 12th-ranked Baylor Bears routed the Jackson State Tigers, 92-59.
Cory Jefferson chipped in 13 points, nine boards and three blocks for Baylor (2-0), which recorded a 77-57 win in its season opener against Texas Southern.
Christian Williams finished with 14 points, five rebounds and three assists for Jackson State (0-2), which went 17-15 last season.
The Bears jumped off to a quick 4-0 lead after Anthony Jones made a pair from the foul line and never looked back as they never trailed in the contest.
Baylor shot 46.9 percent in the first half en route to a 46-29 lead after the opening 20 minutes.
Acy's dunk with 4:40 to play gave Baylor its largest lead of the game at 35, 83-48.
Baylor's defense blocked 11 shots and held Jackson State to just 30.2 percent from the field.
"The big thing you look at is defensively we were very good, especially the second half," Baylor head coach Scott Drew said.
The Bears played their second of five games without suspended sophomore forward Perry Jones.
Anthony Jones scored 11 points...The Bears host San Diego State on Tuesday, while Jackson State hits the road to take on Wright State on Wednesday...Baylor has won 20 straight non-conference home games and 33 of its last 34...The Bears have made at least one three-point field goal in 621 consecutive games.
- JACKSON STATE: 59
Nov 13 9:08 PM
- JACKSON STATE: 29
Nov 13 7:55 PM
- JACKSON STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Nov 13 7:09 PM
- King's heart: Baylor freshman playing with defibrillator Mar 15
- Baylor hopes to be motivated by lasting NCAA tourney image Oct 28
- Baylor at a glance Oct 28
- Georgia State upsets Baylor on Hunter's 3 Mar 19
- Bears and Panthers clash in West Regional Mar 19
- No. 9 Kansas tops No. 16 Baylor to reach Big 12 title game Mar 14
- Baylor and Kansas meet in Big 12 Tournament semifinals Mar 13
- Baylor tops West Virginia in Big 12 tourney Mar 12
- Mountaineers challenge Bears in Big 12 Tournament action Mar 12
- Baylor rallies past Texas Tech Mar 7
- Texas Tech and Baylor meet in regular-season finale Mar 6
- Texas fights off No. 14 Baylor in OT Mar 2