Walker-led Gators pound Mississippi Valley StateDec 20, 2011 - 3:07 AM Florida had an easy time with Mississippi Valley State, 82-54, at O'Connell Center.
Kenny Boynton poured in 16, Bradley Beal totaled 13 and Patric Young contributed 12 points with eight rebounds for the Gators (9-2), who have won four in a row.
Cor-J Cox had 16 points with nine boards and Terrence Joyner scored 14 for the Delta Devils (1-9), losers of five straight games.
Florida assumed control early. It raced out to a 13-2 edge on an Erik Murphy bucket, then took a 24-4 lead with less than seven minutes gone thanks to a Boynton three-pointer.
The hosts extended the advantage to 33-8 with 8:44 left in the half after Beal connected from long distance, then went to the break ahead 46-22.
Walker hit from long distance with just over five minutes played in the second half and Florida gained a 60-28 lead. His two free throws just prior to the midway point provided a 69-30 margin -- the largest of the contest -- and the Gators cruised to the buzzer.
Florida extended its home win streak to 11 games...Murphy ended with 11 points and eight rebounds...The Gators host Florida State on Thursday.
- MISSISSIPPI VALLEY STATE: 54
Dec 19 8:52 PM
- MISSISSIPPI VALLEY STATE: 22
Dec 19 7:50 PM
- MISSISSIPPI VALLEY STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 19 7:05 PM
- Virginia Tech guard Jalen Hudson transfers to Florida May 16
- Florida guard Francis-Ramirez transferring after 2 seasons May 4
- Florida's Devin Robinson out 4-6 months after foot surgery Apr 21
- Florida guard Walker plans to transfer after graduation Mar 28
- Florida's Egbunu to have season-ending thumb surgery Mar 15
- Florida's Egbunu uncertain to play against UNF in NIT Mar 14
- Florida C Egbunu tears thumb ligament before SEC Tournament Mar 9
- Florida trying to rebuild NCAA resume at SEC Tournament Mar 7
- February freefall leaves Florida in need of Kentucky win Feb 29
- With road stretch looming, Florida needs to win at home Feb 8
- Florida likely without starter Justin Leon vs No. 9 WVU Jan 29
- Florida takes pressure off Finney-Smith to be more vocal Jan 18