Michigan handles Arkansas-Pine BluffDec 14, 2011 - 3:42 AM Michigan defeated Arkansas-Pine Bluff, 63-50.
Matt Vogrich netted 11 points off the bench and Tim Hardaway Jr. chipped in eight points for the Wolverines (8-2), who were 13-of-26 from beyond the arc.
"Really loved the way we played in the first half," Michigan head coach John Beilein said. "We had far too many turnovers in the second half to get away from them."
Michigan turned the ball over a season-high 19 times.
Lazabian Jackson led all scorers with 23 points for Arkansas-Pine Bluff (1-6), which has yet to play a game at home this season.
With Michigan holding a 8-6 lead four minutes into the game, the Golden Lions were held without a field goal for the next eight-plus minutes. The Wolverines went on a 16-0 run and increased their advantage to 24-8.
Burke drilled a three-pointer at the first-half buzzer and paced the Wolverines with 13 points as Michigan took a 37-17 lead into the locker room.
The Golden Lions shot just 19 percent in the first half.
Arkansas-Pine Bluff closed the game on a 12-0 run, making the final margin look respectable.
The Wolverines outrebounded the Golden Lions 36-26, and held them to 36 percent shooting from the field.
Michigan won its only previous meeting with Arkansas-Pine Bluff in 2009, 67-53...The Golden Lions have been held to 60 or fewer points in each game this season.
- ARKANSAS-PINE BLUFF: 50
Dec 13 8:44 PM
- ARKANSAS-PINE BLUFF: 17
Dec 13 7:45 PM
- ARKANSAS-PINE BLUFF: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 13 7:03 PM
- Michigan-UCLA basketball to play home-and-home series May 13
- Michigan hires assistant hoops coaches Donlon and Washington May 4
- Michigan's Chatman receives release, plans to transfer May 3
- Michigan's Dawkins transferring to play for father at UCF Apr 6
- Michigan lifts transfer restrictions for Doyle, Albrecht Apr 1
- Doyle, Albrecht receive transfer releases from Michigan Mar 29
- Michigan-Notre Dame is still a great rivalry Mar 17
- Michigan's last-second shots set up First Four vs Tulsa Mar 16
- Tough finish for injured Michigan seniors LeVert, Albrecht Mar 2
- Michigan's Caris LeVert out for season because of ailing leg Mar 1
- Michigan's LeVert returns from leg injury against Purdue Feb 13
- LeVert sitting out again for Michigan against Maryland Jan 12