Moore, No. 15 Pitt cruise to ninth straight victoryDec 21, 2011 - 2:48 AM Pittsburgh, PA (Sports Network) - J.J. Moore scored 15 points and grabbed six rebounds, as No. 15 Pittsburgh cruised to a 71-47 victory over St. Francis-PA at the Petersen Events Center.
Dante Taylor posted 14 points on 7-of-10 shooting and pulled down eight boards for the Panthers (11-1), who won their ninth straight game.
Anthony Ervin had 13 points to pace the Red Flash (3-8), who had won three of four after opening the season with six straight losses.
The Red Flash missed their first seven shots as Pitt raced out to a 13-0 lead. A three-point play by Lamar Patterson extended the hosts' advantage to 30-7 with just under six minutes to go in the first half.
St. Francis-PA played better down the stretch but still trailed 39-21 at halftime.
The Panthers opened the second half on a 10-0 run and their lead ballooned to 31 at 61-30 on a Moore free throw with about 9 1/2 minutes to play.
Pittsburgh shot 50 percent (28-of-56) for the game and committed only six fouls. The Red Flash were limited to 35 percent shooting.
The Panthers improved to 29-0 against St. Francis-PA...Patterson finished with 11 points, five rebounds, four assists and three steals...Stephon Whyatt chipped in 10 points for the Red Flash, which made 6-of-14 three- pointers...Pitt held a 42-21 rebounding advantage and outscored St. Francis-PA 44-16 in the paint.
- ST. FRANCIS (PA.): 47
Dec 20 8:40 PM
- ST. FRANCIS (PA.): 21
Dec 20 7:42 PM
- ST. FRANCIS (PA.): 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 20 7:04 PM
- Stallings ready for new challenge at Pittsburgh Mar 28
- Pittsburgh hires Kevin Stallings to replace Jamie Dixon Mar 28
- Dixon's departure leaves Panthers at crossroads Mar 22
- New-look Badgers back in NCAA Tournament against Pittsburgh Mar 17
- Pitt hoping to play itself off the bubble at ACC tourney Mar 7
- Pitt senior guard Robinson hoping to end career on high note Feb 27
- Struggling Pittsburgh searching for consistency Feb 19
- Young, Jeter lead Pitt past St. Joseph's (Ind), 84-43 Nov 17
- Buffalo rolls over Div. III Pitt-Bradford 109-49 Nov 14
- Pitt faces stiff test in opener against No. 9 Gonzaga Nov 12
- Pittsburgh Preview Capsule Oct 26
- Pitt Panthers looking to get back to basics Oct 26