No. 23 Indiana rolls over NC CentralFeb 23, 2012 - 5:07 AM Bloomington, IN (Sports Network) - Cody Zeller scored 17 points and Victor Oladipo netted 16 as No. 23 Indiana rolled over NC Central, 75-56, at Assembly Hall.
Will Sheehey added 12 points and seven rebounds, while Derek Elston contributed 10 points for the Hoosiers (21-7), who responded from dropping a 78-66 decision to Iowa on Sunday with their fourth win in five games.
"The wins are not always pretty and they rarely are, but you have to find ways to take what the game is giving you on the offensive game along with staying locked in and focused on the defensive end," Indiana head coach Tom Crean said.
Dominique Sutton scored a game-high 21 points for NC Central (14-13), which had its two-game win streak snapped. Ray Willis and Jeremy Ingram netted 10 points apiece in a losing effort.
"I thought we played decent defense," said NC Central head coach LaVelle Moton. "That's a good team, I'm proud of our efforts."
Indiana opened the game with a 14-5 run that included five straight points by Zeller and was capped by Jordan Hulls' three-pointer to take a lead it would not relinquish.
Sutton's layup put an end to the spurt, but Indiana recorded 10 of the next 12 points to jump out to a 24-9 advantage near the midpoint of the first half.
A 7-2 swing by the Eagles closed the gap to 26-16, but NC Central was never able to cut its deficit to single digits and trailed, 39-26, at the break.
After Emanuel Chapman opened the second half with a three-pointer, Zeller and Oladipo each scored four points in a 10-2 run and the Hoosiers cruised from there, leading by at least 16 points and by as much as 24 for the remainder of the game.
Indiana held a 35-16 advantage in rebounds, including a 15-3 mark on the offensive glass...Indiana turned the ball over 16 times, resulting in 22 NC Central points.
- NC CENTRAL: 56
Feb 22 8:58 PM
- NC CENTRAL: 26
Feb 22 7:45 PM
- NC CENTRAL: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 22 7:06 PM
- Blackmon Jr. declares for NBA draft without hiring agent Apr 25
- Indiana forward Troy Williams enters NBA draft, could return Apr 12
- Thomas Bryant to return for sophomore season at Indiana Apr 7
- Former Indiana Hoosiers star Archie Dees dies at age 80 Apr 4
- Sweet 16 loss to North Carolina ends Yogi years at Indiana Mar 26
- Heels vs. Hoosiers in Sweet 16: These teams shoot and score Mar 24
- Crean overcomes criticism to lead Hoosiers back to Sweet 16 Mar 23
- Hoosiers turnaround inspired by tougher, stouter defense Mar 23
- Indiana tops Kentucky 73-67 for Sweet 16 berth Mar 19
- Kentucky and Indiana square off for first time in 4 years Mar 18
- Indiana prepares for Chattanooga, No. 12 seed pressure Mar 16
- Ferrell says Indiana legacy incomplete without deep NCAA run Mar 14