Bears wipe floor with Paul QuinnDec 20, 2011 - 4:35 AM Waco, TX (Sports Network) - Quincy Acy scored a game-high 24 points on 10- of-12 shooting from the floor and pulled down six rebounds, leading the sixth- ranked Baylor Bears to a 95-54 thumping of Paul Quinn on Monday night.
Brady Heslip drained four three-pointers for 12 points and Anthony Jones chipped in with 10 points for Baylor, which remained perfect on the season at 10-0. Cory Jefferson donated nine points and seven rebounds for the Bears.
"I thought tonight was a great opportunity for us to come out and improve on an area that we didn't really do well in against BYU, and that is rebounding the ball," Baylor head coach Scott Drew said. "Tonight we were 51 to 20 on the glass. I thought that even though they aren't the same size as the guys we will see for the rest of the year, I thought it was a step in the right direction in helping to fix that problem."
Darrell Augustine paced the Tigers (2-7) with 15 points, while Nafis Richardson contributed nine points and four assists.
Baylor jumped out to a 14-4 lead just over three minutes into the game, but a pair of three-pointers by Augustine pulled Paul Quinn within five, 15-10, with less than 14 minutes to play in the opening half.
Baylor responded by scoring the next five points to build its lead to a comfortable 20-10 margin with under 12 minutes left in the first half.
A dunk by Pierre Jackson with 3:59 to go in the half put Baylor up by 18, at 34-16, and the Bears continued to make shots the remainder of the half, leading 40-25 at intermission.
In the second half it was all Baylor, as the Bears outscored Paul Quinn 55- 29, while shooting 69 percent from the floor en route to the easy victory.
Baylor shot the lights out from the opening tip, and ended the game shooting 60.3 percent from the floor and 9-of-18 from three-point range. Paul Quinn managed only 32 percent from the floor and 3-of-13 from beyond the arc.
Baylor also dominated Paul Quinn on the glass, outrebounding the Tigers, 51-20.
Baylor improved to 20-10 all-time against current NAIA members...Monday marked only the third time Baylor played an NAIA team since 1984...Baylor upped its mark to 50-3 in its last 53 non-conference home games, dating back to the 2006-07 season...The Bears are now 61-6 under head coach Scott Drew when scoring 80-plus points...It was Heslip's fifth career double-figure scoring game.
- PAUL QUINN: 54
Dec 19 9:48 PM
- PAUL QUINN: 25
Dec 19 8:48 PM
- PAUL QUINN: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 19 8:08 PM
- King's heart: Baylor freshman playing with defibrillator Mar 15
- Baylor hopes to be motivated by lasting NCAA tourney image Oct 28
- Baylor at a glance Oct 28
- Georgia State upsets Baylor on Hunter's 3 Mar 19
- Bears and Panthers clash in West Regional Mar 19
- No. 9 Kansas tops No. 16 Baylor to reach Big 12 title game Mar 14
- Baylor and Kansas meet in Big 12 Tournament semifinals Mar 13
- Baylor tops West Virginia in Big 12 tourney Mar 12
- Mountaineers challenge Bears in Big 12 Tournament action Mar 12
- Baylor rallies past Texas Tech Mar 7
- Texas Tech and Baylor meet in regular-season finale Mar 6
- Texas fights off No. 14 Baylor in OT Mar 2