Ohio State rolls to easy win over Wright StateNov 12, 2011 - 4:41 AM Columbus, OH (Sports Network) - Jared Sullinger had 19 points and nine rebounds as No. 3 Ohio State rolled to a 73-42 win over Wright State in the season opener.
William Buford had 13 points while Aaron Craft added 10 points for the Buckeyes (1-0), who were downed in the third round of the NCAA Tournament last year by Kentucky.
A.J. Pacher had 13 points for the Raiders (0-1), who finished last season with a record of 19-14. Reggie Arceneaux added 11 points.
Ohio State led this game from start to finish as Craft hit a three-pointer to begin the scoring. Craft's free throws just past the midway mark of the first half saw the team hold a 19-11 lead.
Wright State was able to keep it from getting out of hand in the first half and trailed, 34-20, going into the break.
The Buckeyes, though, scored the first 10 points of the second half, with Buford's jumper making it a 44-20 game 3 1/2 minutes in.
The Raiders were unable to get any closer than 20 points the rest of the way.
Ohio State hosts Florida State on Tuesday...The Buckeyes have won all three meetings with the Raiders and are 55-11 against teams from the Horizon League.
- WRIGHT STATE: 42
OHIO STATE: 73
Nov 11 11:09 PM
- WRIGHT STATE: 20
OHIO STATE: 34
Nov 11 10:03 PM
- WRIGHT STATE: 0
OHIO STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Nov 11 9:09 PM
- Wright State hires South Dakota State basketball coach Apr 4
- 3 freshman leave Ohio State basketball team Mar 30
- Wright State fires coach Billy Donlon after 6 seasons Mar 19
- Ohio State F Jae'Sean Tate headed for season-ending surgery Feb 23
- Ohio State, Nike agree on $252M sponsorship extension Jan 15
- Saint Bonaventure beats Ohio 81-68 Dec 5
- Ohio State Preview Capsule Oct 27
- 'Lots of unknowns' for Ohio State team full of young players Oct 27
- Ohio State's Russell says he's going pro Apr 22
- McConnell guides Arizona past Russell, Ohio State Mar 21
- Ohio State and Arizona square off in West Regional action Mar 21
- Russell leads Buckeyes over VCU Mar 19