Wisconsin routs Kennesaw StateNov 12, 2011 - 10:02 PM Madison, WI (Sports Network) - Josh Gasser and Ben Brust each had 14 points as No. 15 Wisconsin rolled to an 85-31 win over Kennesaw State.
Ryan Evans added 13 points and six rebounds while Jordan Taylor had 11 points and seven assists for the Badgers (1-0), who won their season opener for the 10th straight year.
"I never read too much into one game," said Wisconsin head coach Bo Ryan. "I know they were a little shorthanded and their coach is new and he's trying to install a system. Our guys look for each other though--they're not selfish. So as long as they keep showing that. Defensively, they helped each other."
Markeith Cummings totaled 18 points and six rebounds for the Owls (0-1), who have dropped all five of their games against top-25 opponents.
Kennesaw State actually had the initial lead of the game on Spencer Dixon's three-pointer that opened the scoring, but Jared Berggren countered with a three-ball.
That sparked a 16-0 run that was ended on a Cummings layup, but the Badgers got the next 10 points and eventually took a 41-8 lead into the halftime break.
The Owls finally got into double-digits on an Aaron Anderson layup close to three minutes into the second half.
The outcome, though, was never in doubt as Wisconsin continued to pile on the points.
This was the first meeting between these two clubs...Wisconsin hosts Colgate on Wednesday...Wisconsin shot 58.8 percent, compared to just 23.3 percent from Kennesaw State.
- KENNESAW STATE: 31
Nov 12 2:50 PM
- KENNESAW STATE: 8
Nov 12 1:47 PM
- KENNESAW STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Nov 12 1:07 PM
- Wisconsin's Hayes to enter NBA draft, won't sign with agent Apr 20
- Lamont Paris promoted to associate head coach at Wisconsin Apr 12
- Wisconsin's Nigel Hayes to get feedback on draft prospects Apr 5
- Former Badgers player Joe Krabbenhoft back as assistant Apr 4
- Longtime Wisconsin assistant Gary Close leaves Badgers Mar 30
- Steadied under Greg Gard, Wisconsin can build on experience Mar 26
- Notre Dame advances to Elite 8 with 61-56 win over Badgers Mar 26
- Wisconsin's road to 3rd straight Final 4 runs through Irish Mar 25
- Stuck in slump, Wisconsin's Hayes contributes in other ways Mar 22
- Badgers, Musketeers preparing for physical NCAA clash Mar 19
- New-look Badgers back in NCAA Tournament against Pittsburgh Mar 17
- Native sons Chryst, Gard lead Wisconsin's visible programs Mar 14