FSU shoots down HattersNov 17, 2011 - 3:26 AM Tallahassee, FL (Sports Network) - Bernard James recorded a double-double, netting 15 points and 11 rebounds to go along with two blocks as the 25th- ranked Florida State Seminoles defeated the Stetson Hatters, 79-66.
Okaro White chipped in 18 and Deividas Dulkys added 16 on 6-of-6 shooting for the Seminoles (3-0), who shot 57 percent in the win.
Joel Naburgs scored 14 points and pulled down five boards for Stetson (2-1), which had wins against Bethune-Cookman and Florida A&M coming in.
The Seminoles hit on their first seven field-goal attempts en route to an early 17-9 lead.
Florida State led by as many as 19 in the first half, but Stetson outscored the home team 20-9 in the last six-plus minutes to cut the deficit to 42-34 at the break.
Stetson shot just 31.6 percent in the opening 20 minutes, but did connect on 7-of-19 from beyond the arc. The Seminoles shot 57.1 percent, but hit on just 2-of-6 from three-point range.
With the Seminoles leading 62-54 with 9 1/2 minutes remaining in regulation, Florida State went on a quick 9-0 run with White contributing six points to give the hosts some breathing room.
Stetson connected on just 4-of-15 from three-point range in the second half.
Florida State has won 17 in a row against Stetson...The Hatters' last win in the series came in 1975 when Stetson prevailed 63-54...Florida State is 3-0 for the sixth consecutive season...Michael Snaer scored nine points for FSU...Stetson never led in the contest.
- STETSON: 66
FLORIDA STATE: 79
Nov 16 8:52 PM
- STETSON: 34
FLORIDA STATE: 42
Nov 16 7:51 PM
- STETSON: 0
FLORIDA STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Nov 16 7:05 PM
- Florida State guard Rathan-Mayes returning for junior season May 2
- Junior college guard Angola-Rodas to attend Florida State Apr 20
- Mutombo's nephew signs to play basketball at Florida State Apr 13
- Florida State's Rathan-Mayes to enter NBA draft Apr 5
- Florida State's Bacon withdraws from NBA draft consideration Mar 28
- Florida State's Beasley focuses on training for NBA draft Mar 24
- Florida State's Bacon to submit name for NBA draft Mar 23
- Florida State hope lessons learned will pay off next season Mar 18
- FSU's Beacon and Beasley focused on NIT, not NBA Mar 14
- Stetson makes intriguing run to A-Sun final against FGCU Mar 5
- Florida State senior Devon Bookert emerges as team leader Mar 4
- Hamilton, Florida State looks to snap 5-game losing streak Feb 26