No. 25 Florida State routs South AlabamaNov 20, 2011 - 11:11 PM Tallahassee, FL (Sports Network) - Luke Loucks scored 18 points, Terrance Shannon had 15 and No. 25 Florida State held South Alabama under 24 percent shooting Sunday for an 80-39 win.
Deividas Dulkys added 12 points for the Seminoles (4-0), who closed out a perfect four-game homestand to open the season. They also beat Jacksonville, UCF and Stetson.
Augustine Rubit had 10 points and was the only South Alabama (1-2) scorer in double digits.
The Jaguars shot just 23.5 percent from the floor, while Florida State shot 52.1.
South Alabama made its first two shots, a couple of layups, for a 4-0 lead but Florida State scored the next eight points to move ahead for good.
The Seminoles used a 22-4 run to stretch a 10-point lead to 28 late in the first half. Shannon scored nine straight points during the surge and Dulkys had seven, including the last four to make it 49-21.
Florida State held a 51-23 lead at the break.
South Alabama ended 8-for-31 in the first half (25.8 percent) and went just 8- for-37 in the second (21.6 percent), never getting closer than their halftime deficit.
The Seminoles led by as many as 43.
Florida State has a 10-2 all-time record against the Jaguars. The teams faced each other for the first time since an 83-52 Seminoles win on December 16, 2004 in Tallahassee.
- SOUTH ALABAMA: 39
FLORIDA STATE: 80
Nov 20 5:03 PM
- SOUTH ALABAMA: 21
FLORIDA STATE: 49
Nov 20 4:02 PM
- SOUTH ALABAMA: 0
FLORIDA STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Nov 20 3:07 PM
- Florida State guard Rathan-Mayes returning for junior season May 2
- Junior college guard Angola-Rodas to attend Florida State Apr 20
- Mutombo's nephew signs to play basketball at Florida State Apr 13
- Florida State's Rathan-Mayes to enter NBA draft Apr 5
- Florida State's Bacon withdraws from NBA draft consideration Mar 28
- Florida State's Beasley focuses on training for NBA draft Mar 24
- Florida State's Bacon to submit name for NBA draft Mar 23
- Florida State hope lessons learned will pay off next season Mar 18
- FSU's Beacon and Beasley focused on NIT, not NBA Mar 14
- Florida State senior Devon Bookert emerges as team leader Mar 4
- Hamilton, Florida State looks to snap 5-game losing streak Feb 26
- Leonard Hamilton gets 2-year extension at Florida State Feb 24