English, No. 21 Mizzou race past BinghamtonNov 27, 2011 - 11:09 PM Columbia, MO (Sports Network) - Kim English made seven three-pointers and finished with 29 points, as No. 21 Missouri continued its strong start with an 88-59 dismantling of Binghamton.
Ricardo Ratliffe added 18 points on a perfect 7-for-7 performance from the field, and Marcus Denmon chipped in 13 points for Missouri (6-0), which won the CBE Classic last weekend and is off to its best start since 2006-07.
Ben Dickinson and Jimmy Gray scored 15 and 13 points, respectively, for the winless Bearcats (0-5), who committed 22 turnovers to nullify a solid 50 percent shooting effort.
English scored eight points in the first five minutes, hitting two from behind the arc in a game-opening 12-2 run.
The senior guard made three more from long distance in just a two-minute span later in the half, his last yielding a 46-30 cushion with just over a minute to go before halftime.
"It was going for me in the first half," English said. "You never know when you're going to get into a full state."
Denmon laid one in just before the buzzer to make it 49-31, and capped an 11- point run to start the second half with a three-pointer.
The Tigers led comfortably the rest of the way.
This was Missouri's first ever game against an American East Conference opponent...The Tigers have won their first six games by an average of 26.8 points...Missouri has won 62 straight home games against non-conference opponents...Phil Pressey did not attempt a shot for Missouri but dished out 11 of the team's 23 assists.
- BINGHAMTON: 59
Nov 27 4:45 PM
- BINGHAMTON: 31
Nov 27 3:45 PM
- BINGHAMTON: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Nov 27 3:06 PM
- Missouri players Isabell, Wright decide to transfer Mar 15
- Anderson gets vote of confidence from athletic director Mar 9
- Missouri says F D'Angelo Allen plans to transfer Feb 29
- Missouri dismisses junior guard Wes Clark Feb 16
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy Feb 9
- Banned Missouri booster says he meant no harm Jan 19
- Missouri admits NCAA hoops violations, vacates '13-14 season Jan 14
- Missouri at a glance Oct 29
- Missouri adds new faces, still picked to finish last in SEC Oct 29
- Turnovers cost Missouri in loss to Arkansas Feb 18
- No. 18 Arkansas plays host to Missouri Feb 18
- Kentucky tops Missouri Jan 30