No. 3 Syracuse routs GWDec 11, 2011 - 3:26 AM Syracuse, NY (Sports Network) - Dion Waiters had 19 points, six steals, five rebounds and four assists, as the third-ranked Syracuse Orange stayed perfect with an 85-50 victory over the George Washington Colonials.
Kris Joseph added nine points and eight boards for the Orange (10-0), who are off to a 10-0 start for a third straight season. Scoop Jardine, Brandon Triche, Fab Melo and C.J. Fair each had eight points.
"I just played hard and saw the floor well," Waiters said. "On the defensive end, I just tried to make some steals."
David Pellom ended with 12 points and seven rebounds for the Colonials (4-5), who have lost four in a row. Lasan Kromah and Dwayne Smith donated 10 points apiece.
The Orange raced out to a 13-2 lead just over five minutes into the game.
Waiters scored five straight points to give Syracuse a 21-7 edge with 12 minutes remaining in the first half.
George Washington was able to make it a 31-21 game with under seven minutes to go, but the Orange responded with a 14-2 run. The score was 45-25 at the break.
The Colonials never got closer than within 14 in the second half.
Syracuse has an 8-1 overall advantage in the series with George Washington...The Orange shot 50 percent from the floor, while the Colonials made just 30.6 percent of their shots...Syracuse went 17-of-19 from the foul line, while George Washington went 9-of-16 from the charity stripe.
- GEORGE WASHINGTON: 50
Dec 10 9:04 PM
- GEORGE WASHINGTON: 25
Dec 10 7:58 PM
- GEORGE WASHINGTON: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 10 7:08 PM
- Syracuse's Malachi Richardson all-in for NBA draft May 17
- Syracuse frosh Malachi Richardson to enter name in NBA draft Apr 18
- Syracuse reserve center Chinonso Obokoh transferring Apr 7
- Syracuse guard Kaleb Joseph transferring Apr 5
- Syracuse's Boeheim scoffs at idea that it was rough season Apr 3
- Correction: Final Four-Syracuse story Apr 3
- UNC, Syracuse vastly different but familiar Final Four foes Apr 2
- Double-digit not Cinderella for Syracuse; UNC last No. 1 Mar 31
- Syracuse rides improbable run to Final Four Mar 28
- Virginia knocking on door for Final Four Mar 27
- Judge tosses suit by ex-Syracuse coach's wife against ESPN Mar 26
- Gonzaga taking on Syracuse's vaunted zone in Sweet 16 Mar 25