Indiana thumps HowardDec 20, 2011 - 2:59 AM Bloomington, IN (Sports Network) - Jordan Hulls led six Indiana players in double figures with 16 points, as the 17th-ranked Hoosiers pounded Howard, 107-50, at Assembly Hall.
Cody Zeller, Verdell Jones III and Will Sheehey scored 12 points apiece for Indiana, which is off to its first 11-0 start since 1975-76. Victor Oladipo and Christian Watford both finished with 10 points.
The Hoosiers played their first home game since Watford's three-pointer at the buzzer game them a 73-72 victory over then-No. 1 Kentucky on December 10.
Indiana posted 27 assists on 35 made field goals.
"Our guys were completely locked in; they played with a relentless spirit, their energy was tremendous," said Indiana head coach Tom Crean.
Simuel Frazier had 13 points to pace the Bison (3-9), who have lost 27 straight on the road.
"Tom must have gave his team one heck of a speech," said Howard head coach Kevin Nickelberry. "They were coming off a good Kentucky game, and a good Notre Dame game. We were hoping that they would be underestimating us. They came out as hungry as I have ever seen them."
Howard, which held a lead on two occasions early in the contest, tied the game at 5-5 on a Mike Phillips jumper before the game became a rout.
The Hoosiers shot 67 percent from the floor, including 9-of-14 from three- point range, during a first half in which they outscored Howard by a 52-15 margin. The Bison made just 6-of-32 shots (18.8 percent) in the opening 20 minutes.
Hulls nearly matched Howard's first-half production with 12 points on 4-of-5 shooting from beyond the arc.
Indiana led by as many as 60 in the second half.
Howard has not won a road game since January 18, 2010 against Norfolk State...Remy Abell contributed nine points and five assists for Indiana...The Bison committed 19 turnovers...Howard's Prince Okoroh had nine points and seven rebounds.
- Blackmon Jr. declares for NBA draft without hiring agent Apr 25
- Indiana forward Troy Williams enters NBA draft, could return Apr 12
- Thomas Bryant to return for sophomore season at Indiana Apr 7
- Former Indiana Hoosiers star Archie Dees dies at age 80 Apr 4
- Sweet 16 loss to North Carolina ends Yogi years at Indiana Mar 26
- Heels vs. Hoosiers in Sweet 16: These teams shoot and score Mar 24
- Crean overcomes criticism to lead Hoosiers back to Sweet 16 Mar 23
- Hoosiers turnaround inspired by tougher, stouter defense Mar 23
- Indiana tops Kentucky 73-67 for Sweet 16 berth Mar 19
- Kentucky and Indiana square off for first time in 4 years Mar 18
- Indiana prepares for Chattanooga, No. 12 seed pressure Mar 16
- Ferrell says Indiana legacy incomplete without deep NCAA run Mar 14