Aztecs rout RedlandsDec 31, 2011 - 7:18 AM San Diego, CA (Sports Network) - Jamaal Franklin had 26 points, 10 rebounds and six steals as No. 25 San Diego State dominated Redlands, 94-43.
Chase Tapley added 16 points, LaBradford Franklin had 11 while Alec Williams, Garrett Green and James Rahon each contributed 10 for the Aztecs (12-2), who have won their past five games.
"It gives us more confidence going into the league (games)," Tapley said. "In practices we're working on our concepts and getting our team going defensively and offensively."
Brian Kuklok scored 11 points for the Division III Bulldogs (4-6), who have lost three of their last four.
"I would have liked to score more points, but overall this was a good opportunity to come play a good basketball team," Redlands coach Jim Ducey said.
The Aztecs led this game from start to finish as Jamaal Franklin hit a jumper a minute in and Tapley followed with a three-pointer.
Later in the first half, San Diego State scored 16 straight points. Green's jumper made it a 35-11 game halfway through the frame, and it was 58-24 after 20 minutes.
Redlands scored the first six points of the second half, but that was as close as it got. Jamaal Franklin scored the next five points, and the Bulldogs never threatened the Aztecs' lead from there.
This series actually dates back to 1925, but it was the first meeting since 1968. San Diego State holds a 25-13 series advantage and has won the last six meetings...The Aztecs host SD Christian on Thursday...San Diego State shot 47.7 percent and grabbed 53 rebounds while Redlands made just 24.6 percent of its shots and had 35 rebounds...Jamaal Franklin also had five assists and three blocks in the game.
- REDLANDS: 43
SAN DIEGO STATE: 94
Dec 30 11:56 PM
- REDLANDS: 24
SAN DIEGO STATE: 58
Dec 30 10:54 PM
- REDLANDS: 0
SAN DIEGO STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 30 10:06 PM
- Playing in the Garden nice consolation prize for Aztecs Mar 25
- Fisher's Aztecs looking for 7th straight NCAA tourney berth Mar 9
- SDSU tops San Jose State 78-56 to clinch share of MWC title Feb 21
- San Diego St. 9-0 at halfway point of Mountain West schedule Feb 1
- San Diego State says basketball program cleared by NCAA Jan 5
- Hagins scores 14 as Little Rock stuns San Diego St. 49-43 Nov 21
- Cheatham brings 'good energy' to Fisher's Aztecs Nov 4
- It's now Steve Fisher Court at San Diego State Oct 29
- Duke crushes San Diego State to reach Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Blue Devils battle Aztecs in South Regional action Mar 22
- San Diego State holds off St. John's to advance Mar 21
- Red Storm tangle with Aztecs in South Region Mar 20