Kelly leads Duke in rout of PennJan 2, 2012 - 1:38 AM
Mason Plumlee added 10 points and 14 boards for the Blue Devils (12-1), who have won five consecutive games since losing at Ohio State on November 29. They play at Temple on Wednesday before opening their ACC schedule Saturday against Georgia Tech.
"We started the last game well, but really not as well as we could have," Kelly said. "We had more opportunities when we look back, but tonight we really jumped out of the gates and were ready to play."
Zack Rosen had 11 points to pace the Quakers (6-8), who were coming off Thursday's five-point loss at Davidson.
Duke controlled the game from the start, opening with a 14-2 run. Seth Curry drained a jumper and a three before Plumlee ended the burst with a dunk.
"I just think that they imposed their will," Penn coach Jerome Allen said. "We didn't come out with the same intensity, the same level of enthusiasm and aggressiveness."
The Blue Devils led comfortably for the rest of the half, which they ended with six consecutive points. Plumlee's dunk in the closing seconds gave Duke a 44-26 lead at the break, and the hosts cruised over the final 20 minutes. The Blue Devils made half their shots and held Penn to 31 percent.
Duke owns a 10-6 series lead over Penn...The Blue Devils got 15 points from Curry...Miles Cartwright scored 10 points for Penn...Duke extended its NCAA- leading home court win streak to 43 games which is the second longest streak in school history. The school record is 46 straight home wins from Jan. 13, 1997 to Feb. 9, 2000. The Blue Devils have now won 93 consecutive non- conference home games in Cameron Indoor Stadium.
- PENNSYLVANIA: 55
Jan 1 6:50 PM
- PENNSYLVANIA: 26
Jan 1 5:46 PM
- PENNSYLVANIA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 1 5:15 PM
- Krzyzewski has hernia surgery, expects to be healthy for Rio May 9
- Duke's Grayson Allen has hernia surgery Apr 22
- Duke's Jefferson receives medical hardship waiver Apr 22
- Duke freshman guard Derryck Thornton to transfer Apr 10
- Grayson Allen to return to Duke for junior season Apr 6
- Duke's Brandon Ingram declares for NBA Draft after 1 season Apr 4
- Duke: Coach K recovering from knee replacement surgery Apr 3
- Duke ends with longer-than-expected NCAA run, short bench Mar 25
- Duke's title defense ends with 82-68 loss to Oregon Mar 25
- Oregon takes the national stage against defending champ Duke Mar 23
- Defending champ Duke, upstart Yale ready for 2nd round clash Mar 18
- It's David vs. Goliath when UNC Wilmington meets Duke Mar 17