Crowder, Marquette top Ole MissNov 21, 2011 - 6:20 AM St. Thomas, VI (Sports Network) - Jae Crowder scored a game-high 25 points and grabbed seven rebounds, as No. 21 Marquette earned a 96-66 victory over Ole Miss in the Paradise Jam semifinals.
Darius Johnson-Odom added 20 points, Davante Gardner had 15 points and Vander Blue finished with 11 points for the Golden Eagles (4-0), who will face Norfolk State in Monday's championship game.
Terrance Henry paced the Rebels (3-1) with 19 points, while Maurice Aniefiok added 10 points off the bench.
Marquette held a comfortable 51-29 lead at the break.
Crowder was dominant over that span, scoring 17 points on 7-of-9 shooting, including 2-of-3 from beyond the arc, while adding four rebounds and two assists.
As a team, the Golden Eagles shot 54.5 percent, hit 3-of-5 three-pointers and 12-of-16 foul shots during the first half.
They didn't just get it done on the offensive end, though, holding Ole Miss to 29.3 percent shooting over the first 20 minutes of play.
Crowder played limited minutes down the stretch, as the Golden Eagles cruised to victory.
Johnson-Odom brought the team home, tallying 14 second-half points on 4-of-6 shooting.
In all, Marquette shot 55.8 percent from the floor and knocked down 33-of-43 free throws in the dominating effort.
This was the first-ever meeting between the teams...Norfolk State defeated TCU, 66-53, to advance to the championship...The Golden Eagles have scored more than 90 points in each game this season.
- MISSISSIPPI: 66
Nov 20 11:04 PM
- MISSISSIPPI: 29
Nov 20 9:56 PM
- MISSISSIPPI: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Nov 20 8:52 PM
- Marquette guard Wally Ellenson leaving basketball team Apr 21
- Marquette freshman Henry Ellenson declares for NBA draft Apr 5
- Marquette's Ellenson day to day with sprained left ankle Mar 2
- Mississippi tries to hold off surging Mississippi State Mar 1
- Marquette, freshman star Henry Ellenson, wrap up at home Feb 29
- Mississippi's Saiz returns from eye injury Feb 12
- Led by freshman Ellenson, young Marquette seeks Feb. push Feb 10
- Snow sacks Marquette-St. John's basketball game Jan 23
- Guard Stefan Moody lighting up SEC scoreboards for Ole Miss Jan 15
- After road upset, young Marquette looks to improve at home Jan 8
- Wojciechowski gets 2-year extension at Marquette to 2022 Dec 29
- Fresh faces get in on Marquette-Wisconsin rivalry Dec 11