Smart helps Oklahoma State ease past Utah ValleyNov 13, 2013 - 4:04 AM Stillwater, OK (SportsNetwork.com) - Marcus Smart had 14 points, nine steals, five rebounds and four assists as No. 8 Oklahoma State routed Utah Valley, 93-40, on Tuesday night.
Phil Forte netted 19 points off the bench for the Cowboys (2-0), who defeated Mississippi Valley State in their season opener on Friday.
Ben Aird had seven points and six rebounds for the Wolverines (2-1).
"Time will tell if we have the discipline and recall to remember what things we need to improve on from tonight," Utah Valley coach Dick Hunsaker said.
Smart threw down a dunk and knocked down a triple as the Cowboys raced out to a 15-2 start.
"I'm very happy with the start we had. I don't think we could have gotten off to a better start than we did," Cowboys head coach Travis Ford said.
Forte netted 11 straight points later in the half, including three consecutive treys to help Oklahoma State build a 28-5 gap midway through the opening stanza.
The Cowboys took a 50-25 lead into the break and led by as many as 55 in the second half, where they cruised to victory.
Stevie Clark had 16 points, six assists and five rebounds for Oklahoma State ... The Cowboys shot 47 percent (31-of-66) from the floor and 42.4 percent (14-of-33) from beyond the arc.
- UTAH VALLEY: 40
OKLAHOMA STATE: 93
Nov 12 9:58 PM
- UTAH VALLEY: 25
OKLAHOMA STATE: 50
Nov 12 8:55 PM
- UTAH VALLEY: 0
OKLAHOMA STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Nov 12 8:09 PM
- Oklahoma Stare adds Gentry to basketball coaching staff May 11
- Oklahoma State introduces new coach Underwood Mar 23
- Oklahoma St. hires SFA's Brad Underwood as men's hoops coach Mar 22
- Oklahoma State to 'part ways' with basketball coach Ford Mar 18
- Oklahoma State coach Ford ejected from son's game Dec 11
- Oklahoma State G Forte out with arm injury vs George Mason Nov 20
- Oklahoma State at a glance Oct 28
- Oklahoma State G Evans has star potential Oct 28
- Young advances Oregon past Oklahoma State Mar 20
- Pokes and Ducks duke it out in NCAA Tournament action Mar 20
- No. 15 Oklahoma holds off Oklahoma State Mar 13
- Cowboys and Sooners square off in Big 12 Tournament Mar 12