Iowa cruises past Arkansas-Pine BluffDec 22, 2013 - 9:05 PM Iowa City, IA (SportsNetwork.com) - Jarrod Uthoff scored a team-high 16 points and No. 25 Iowa jumped out to a gigantic early lead and pasted Arkansas-Pine Bluff, 86-61, in the final non-conference game for the Hawkeyes.
Josh Oglesby netted 13 points in his season debut and Adam Woodbury added 10 for Iowa (11-2), which connected on 61.7 percent of its shots and held the opposition to 32.4 percent shooting.
Tevin Hammond had 19 points for road-weary Arkansas-Pine Bluff (2-9), which has dropped nine straight after winning its first two games of the season.
The Golden Lions, who will not play their first home game until Jan. 18, missed 19 of their first 21 shots and found themselves trailing 39-5 with five minutes remaining in the opening half.
The Hawkeyes opened the game on a 9-0 run and twice scored 15 consecutive points as they cruised into the break with a 52-15 cushion.
Oglesby, who missed the first 12 games of the season with a broken foot, nearly outscored the opposition single-handedly in the first half, as he made all four of his 3-point attempts off the bench en route to a 12-point effort.
Its comfortable 37-point lead at halftime allowed Iowa to empty its bench in the second half.
This was Iowa's only game in an 18-day span. The Hawkeyes last played on Dec. 13 and lost to rival Iowa State ... Iowa opens Big Ten play against Nebraska on New Year's Eve ... The Hawkeyes shot 10-of-17 from behind the arc.
- ARKANSAS-PINE BLUFF: 61
Dec 22 3:53 PM
- ARKANSAS-PINE BLUFF: 15
Dec 22 2:51 PM
- ARKANSAS-PINE BLUFF: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 22 2:03 PM
- Peter Jok to return to Iowa for senior season May 20
- Iowa puts walk-on Nicholas Baer on scholarship Apr 7
- Iowa guard Andrew Fleming to transfer Mar 31
- Iowa's promising season ends in disappointment Mar 21
- Villanova-Iowa bound to end a Sweet 16 drought, but just 1 Mar 19
- Iowa looking to turn things around against Temple Mar 17
- Guard Mike Gesell blossoms into unheralded star for Iowa Mar 8
- No. 8 Iowa suffers damaging 68-64 loss at Ohio State Feb 28
- Iowa controls Big Ten destiny despite loss to Penn State Feb 22
- Iowa big man Adam Woodbury silences critics Feb 10
- Iowa surges into Top 25 with strong Big Ten start Jan 5
- Iowa athletics staffer files discrimination suit vs school Nov 4