Boggan leads Oklahoma State to record-setting routJan 3, 2007 - 8:16 AM STILLWATER, Oklahoma (Ticker) -- Mario Boggan continues to pile up the points for Oklahoma State.
Boggan scored a career-high 36 points as No. 12 Oklahoma State posted a school record for points in a game with a 129-77 thrashing of Southwestern Oklahoma State.
JamesOn Curry finished with 31 points and David Monds 18 for the Cowboys (14-1), who rolled to their ninth straight win at home.
Boggan and Curry became just the second duo in school history to score 30 points each in a single game. The previous occurred on March 4, 1993, when Fred Burley (35), Brooks Thompson (33) and Bryant Reeves (31) all surpassed the 30-point plateau in a 114-85 win over Oral Roberts.
A two-time Big 12 Conference Player of the Week this season, Boggan reached 30 points for the second time in his last three games and surpassed 20 points for sixth time in his last seven contests.
Improving his season average to 21.7 points, Boggan shot 11-of-14 from the field and converted a career-high 13-of-15 free throws.
Curry also had 11 baskets, including three 3-pointers, for Oklahoma State, which shot 64 percent (44-of-69) from the field en route to eclipsing the previous record of 127 points against Santa Fe on December 3, 1977.
Boggan also had eight rebounds to help Oklahoma State to a 54-28 advantage on the boards. Curry handed out six assists and Tyler Hatch added seven off the bench.
Byron Eaton scored 15 points, Marcus Dove 13 and Kenny Cooper 11 for the Cowboys, who were limited to a seven-man rotation due to injuries. Starting guard Terrel Harris did not play after suffering a non-sports related eye injury over the weekend.
Harris' status for Oklahoma State's conference opener against Baylor on Saturday is uncertain.
Ryan Mann scored 15 points and Jose Garcia and Eric Payne added 11 each for Division II Southwestern Oklahoma State (10-1), who entered the contest averaging 93.1 points per game.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
SW OKLAHOMA ST 29 48 77
OKLAHOMA ST (12) 57 72 129 FINAL
Jan 2 9:57 PM
- NCAA BB
SW OKLAHOMA ST 29
OKLAHOMA ST (12) 57 HALFTIME
Jan 2 8:50 PM
- Oklahoma Stare adds Gentry to basketball coaching staff May 11
- Oklahoma State introduces new coach Underwood Mar 23
- Oklahoma St. hires SFA's Brad Underwood as men's hoops coach Mar 22
- Oklahoma State to 'part ways' with basketball coach Ford Mar 18
- Oklahoma State coach Ford ejected from son's game Dec 11
- Oklahoma State G Forte out with arm injury vs George Mason Nov 20
- Oklahoma State at a glance Oct 28
- Oklahoma State G Evans has star potential Oct 28
- Young advances Oregon past Oklahoma State Mar 20
- Pokes and Ducks duke it out in NCAA Tournament action Mar 20
- No. 15 Oklahoma holds off Oklahoma State Mar 13
- Cowboys and Sooners square off in Big 12 Tournament Mar 12