Indiana controls Michigan to remain perfect at homeJan 27, 2007 - 7:30 PM BLOOMINGTON, Indiana (Ticker) -- A return to Assembly Hall and a second-half spurt was all Indiana needed to get back on track.
D.J. White and Roderick Wilmont each scored 15 points and the 24th-ranked Hoosiers improved to 11-0 at home with a 76-61 Big Ten Conference victory over Michigan.
Indiana (15-5, 5-2 Big Ten) was coming off an ugly 51-43 loss at Illinois on Tuesday but got off to a fast start against Michigan and remained in control throughout the second half.
The Hoosiers scored the first 11 points of the game and led 35-26 at the half. Wilmont had 11 and White had nine at the break. Wilmont made three 3-pointers in the first half and Indiana was 8-of-14 from the arc overall in the first 20 minutes.
White started a 12-3 run to open the second half with a basket and scored six points in the spurt that Earl Calloway capped with a layup with 15:50 to play to make it 47-29.
Lance Stemier and Armon Bassett each scored 11 points for Indiana, which has won the last 11 meetings with Michigan.
The Wolverines (16-6, 4-3), who were coming off a 71-58 loss at conference-leading Wisconsin on Wednesday, pulled within 64-56 on a layup by Courtney Sims with 3:25 to play but the Hoosiers' Mike White answered with a three-point play to push the lead back to double figures.
Sims fouled out on the play and Michigan did not threaten down the stretch.
Dion Harris, Lester Abram and Ron Coleman each scored 12 points and Sims added 11 for Michigan.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
MICHIGAN 26 35 61
INDIANA (24) 35 41 76 FINAL
Jan 27 2:02 PM
- NCAA BB
INDIANA (24) 35 HALFTIME
Jan 27 12:51 PM
- Michigan-UCLA basketball to play home-and-home series May 13
- Michigan hires assistant hoops coaches Donlon and Washington May 4
- Michigan's Chatman receives release, plans to transfer May 3
- Blackmon Jr. declares for NBA draft without hiring agent Apr 25
- Indiana forward Troy Williams enters NBA draft, could return Apr 12
- Thomas Bryant to return for sophomore season at Indiana Apr 7
- Michigan's Dawkins transferring to play for father at UCF Apr 6
- Former Indiana Hoosiers star Archie Dees dies at age 80 Apr 4
- Michigan lifts transfer restrictions for Doyle, Albrecht Apr 1
- Doyle, Albrecht receive transfer releases from Michigan Mar 29
- Sweet 16 loss to North Carolina ends Yogi years at Indiana Mar 26
- Heels vs. Hoosiers in Sweet 16: These teams shoot and score Mar 24