Fazekas leads Nevada to ninth straight winFeb 25, 2007 - 6:43 AM BOISE, Idaho (Ticker) -- Nick Fazekas made sure Nevada kept its title streak intact.
Fazekas scored 28 points and extended his streak of shooting over 50 percent to 18 games to lead the Wolf Pack to a 95-81 win over Boise State in the Western Athletic Conference.
The two-time WAC Player of the year, Fazekas finished 12-of-19 from the field as Nevada (26-2, 13-1 WAC) won the conference title outright for the third consecutive season.
It also marks the fourth straight year that the Wolf Pack has earned at least a share of the league's regular season title and Fazekas, a 6-11 senior forward and Wooden Award candidate, is a big reason why.
He got plenty of help from his supporting cast as Nevada had all five starters score in double figures for the first time this season.
Ramon Sessions added 17 points, Denis Ikovlev had 14 - including a career-high four 3-pointers - and Marcelus Kemp and Kyle Shiloh netted 10 each to help the Wolf Pack to their ninth straight win.
Nevada broke open the game with a 14-2 run at the beginning of the second half, capped by a Kemp 3-pointer with 15:40 remaining in the game.
Fazekas took over from there, scoring 15 points in the second half to make sure the Boise State could not come back.
The Wolf Pack scored a season high in points to improve to 10-1 on the road this season. Nevada, which scored its previous season-high total in a 90-86 victory over Boise State on January 8, has won 16 of its last 17 contests away from home.
The Broncos (16-11, 8-6) went into the half down just two points, 44-42, but had no answer for Fazekas in the second half.
Matt Nelson led Boise State with 19 points and 10 rebounds.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
NEVADA (10) 44 51 95
BOISE ST 42 39 81 FINAL
Feb 24 11:00 PM
- NCAA BB
NEVADA (10) 44
BOISE ST 42 HALFTIME
Feb 24 9:52 PM
- AP Source: Former UNLV coach Dave Rice hired at Nevada Apr 25
- Nevada defends hire of Cal assistant accused of harassment Apr 15
- Nevada hires former Cal assistant Yann Hufnagel Apr 9
- West leaves Nevada hoops; ex-star cites personal reasons Dec 15
- Boise State blows out Concordia (Ore.) 100-53 Nov 23
- Nevada picks Eric Musselman as men's coach Mar 25
- Dayton holds home court, beats Boise State to advance Mar 19
- Flyers and Broncos meet in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Wyoming upsets Boise State in MWC semis Mar 14
- Cowboys hope to lasso Broncos in MWC semifinals Mar 13
- No. 25 Boise State drops Air Force to reach MWC SFs Mar 12
- Air Force takes on Boise State in MWC quarterfinals Mar 12