Taylor lifts Ducks to ninth straight triumphDec 16, 2006 - 6:29 AM EUGENE, Oregon (Ticker) -- Oregon is still perfect. Bryce Taylor scored 24 points to lift No. 24 Oregon to a 100-74 victory over Eastern Washington for its ninth straight triumph.
The last time the Ducks (9-0) won nine straight was the 1996-97 season, when they opened the season with 10 victories.
Taylor shot 8-of-10 from the field and sank 2-of-3 from 3-point range. The junior guard scored 21 points in a 92-64 rout of Bethune-Cookman on Monday.
The 6-5 Taylor also grabbed eight rebounds, helping the Ducks toa 42-26 edge on the backboards.
"Our big men played well tonight," Oregon coach Ernie Kent said. "It was a good game to get into our bench because of the tempo of the ballgame, and everyone contributed. The inside game is interesting for us because we can score inside in many different ways, and it doesn't always have to be our big men."
Forward Malik Hairston added 20 points while Aaron Brooks scored 16 for Oregon, which goes for its 10th consecutive win against Idaho State on Sunday.
"Idaho State is a much different team than the one that we faced tonight in that they slow the ball down and are a ball-control team," Kent said. "They will give us an entirely different look for us to work on, and how we respond to that will be a good test for this team."
Paul Butorac led the Eagles (5-6) with 16 points while Michael Taylor chipped in with 14.
The Ducks shot 59 percent (37-of-63) from the field while the Eagles finished at 47 percent (30-of-64). Oregon outrebounded Eastern Washington, 42-26.
"The shooting has pretty much been there all year, but I thought that we rebounded exceptionally well tonight," Kent said. "We also pressured the ball really well and played excellent defense."
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
EASTERN WASH 37 37 74
OREGON (24) 46 54 100 FINAL
Dec 16 12:00 AM
- NCAA BB
EASTERN WASH 37
OREGON (24) 46 HALFTIME
Dec 15 10:47 PM
- Altman on Coach K: 'I had no problem with what he did' Apr 1
- Coach K apologizes to Altman for postgame chat with Brooks Mar 26
- Altman backs Brooks after late-game drama with Coach K Mar 26
- Oklahoma's Kruger, Oregon's Altman test bond in Elite Eight Mar 25
- Oregon takes the national stage against defending champ Duke Mar 23
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Oregon's rise on national stage highlighted by top seed Mar 15
- Power outage briefly cuts lights at Oregon-USC game Mar 5
- Oregon breaks into top 10, highest ranking since '07 Feb 29
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- Eastern Washington routs D-III member George Fox 126-64 Nov 15