UCLA hopes to move into sole possession of Pac-10 leadJan 25, 2007 - 4:04 PM No. 2 UCLA (17-1) at California (12-7) 9:00 pm EST
BERKELEY, California (Ticker) -- UCLA hopes to move into sole possession of first place in the Pacific 10 Conference when it tangles with California on Thursday.
The Bruins are 6-1 in league play and tied for first with seventh-ranked Oregon, which plays at Washington on Thursday.
UCLA has won three straight after losing to Oregon, 68-66, on January 6.
The Bruins beat No. 11 Arizona, 73-69, on Saturday despite playing without forward Richard Mbah a Moute, who is sidelined with a sprained right knee and is listed as questionable for Thursday.
Arron Afflalo led UCLA with 22 points. He had averaged just 14.0 points in his four previous games. Afflalo has reached double figures in 17 straight games, the longest active streak on the Bruins and in the Pac 10.
Darren Collison added 14 points and seven assists for the Bruins. He has reached double figures in 12 straight games.
The Bears (4-3 Pac-10) fell to Oregon, 92-84, on Saturday. Theo Robinson led Cal with a season-high 19 points. He had averaged just 3.6 points in his five previous games.
The Bruins pounded Cal, 71-52, to claim the Pac-10 title last March.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
UCLA (2) 28 34 62
CALIFORNIA 24 22 46 FINAL
Jan 25 10:57 PM
- NCAA BB
UCLA (2) 28
CALIFORNIA 24 HALFTIME
Jan 25 9:51 PM
- Michigan-UCLA basketball to play home-and-home series May 13
- Cal's Ivan Rabb bypasses draft to stay for sophomore season Apr 25
- Cal freshman star Jaylen Brown to declare for NBA draft Apr 21
- Cal's tumultuous week ended by No. 13 seed Hawaii 77-66 Mar 18
- Cal point guard Tyrone Wallace breaks hand in practice Mar 18
- Cal coach Cuonzo Martin declines to discuss school review Mar 17
- California tries to set aside distractions facing Hawaii Mar 17
- Cal to face familiar friend in Hawaii assistant Montgomery Mar 17
- No. 24 California enters Pac-12 tournament on a roll Mar 7
- UCLA guard Bryce Alford recovering from hit to jaw Mar 6
- After undefeated February, Cal seeks Pac-12 title in March Mar 1
- California looks to solve road woes on trip to Washington Feb 16