Booker leads Clemson past Ole Miss in NITMar 20, 2007 - 5:36 AM CLEMSON, South Carolina (Ticker) -- Trevor Booker led five players in double figures with 21 points as Clemson knocked off Mississippi, 89-68, in a second-round South Region NIT contest.
Cliff Hammonds added 18 points and Vernon Hamilton 13 and five assists for the top-seeded Tigers, who will host second-seeded Syracuse on Wednesday.
Booker shot 8-of-9 from the floor and added seven rebounds and four assists as Clemson (24-10) shot 52.5 percent (32-of-61) from the floor.
The Tigers also played stellar defense, holding the Rebels to just 43 percent (24-of-56) shooting and forcing 24 turnovers.
Todd Abernethy had 18 points and six assists but committed five turnovers for Ole Miss (21-13), which trailed, 46-35, at the half.
- Clemson leading scorer Jaron Blossomgame files for NBA draft Mar 16
- Mississippi tries to hold off surging Mississippi State Mar 1
- Mississippi's Saiz returns from eye injury Feb 12
- Guard Stefan Moody lighting up SEC scoreboards for Ole Miss Jan 15
- Clemson picks up Texas A&M transfer in Elijah Thomas Jan 7
- Coach: Clemson reserve guard Austin Ajukwa transferring Nov 3
- Clemson Preview Capsule Oct 26
- On The Road: Clemson spending all season away from home Oct 26
- Xavier handles Ole Miss Mar 19
- Xavier begins tournament against Ole Miss Mar 19
- Ole Miss surges back to beat BYU in Dayton Mar 18
- BYU and Ole Miss meet in NCAA Tournament's first round Mar 17