Arizona looks to bounce back against UMKCNov 19, 2007 - 3:11 PM UMKC (1-2) at No. 17 Arizona (1-1) 9:30 pm EST
TUCSON, Arizona (Ticker) - Arizona looks to bounce back from its first loss of the season on Monday when it faces Missouri-Kansas City in the Jayhawk Invitational.
The game will be the first of three games in six days for Arizona, which is coming off a 75-72 loss to Virginia on Saturday.
Against Virginia, the Wildcats cut an 11-point halftime deficit to one point with 26 seconds to play and forced a five-second call, but turned the ball over on the ensuing inbounds play and were unable to get a potential tying basket on their final possession.
The home loss to Virginia was Arizona's first in November since the 1978-79 season, a streak that covered a total of 28 games. Chase Budinger, a 6-7 sophomore forward, leads the Wildcats with averages of 20.0 points, 5.5 rebounds and 4.5 assists per game.
Arizona has three others averaging double figures, including 6-3 freshman guard Jerryd Bayliss at 19.5 points per game.
The Kangaroos are also coming off a loss, 77-62, to Northern Arizona. Nearly half (46.1 percent) of UMKC's field goal attempts come from behind the three-point line. Three Kangaroos average in double figures, led by 6-5 senior forward Brent Stephens at 18.7 points per game.
- JAYHAWK INVITATIONAL
NCAA BB JAYHAWK INVITATIONAL
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
UMKC 29 33 62
ARIZONA 37 44 81 FINAL
Nov 19 11:36 PM
- JAYHAWK INVITATIONAL
NCAA BB UMKC 29
ARIZONA 37 HALFTIME
Nov 19 10:26 PM
- Pitts transferring from Arizona May 17
- Arizona guard Allonzo Trier returning for sophomore season Apr 4
- Arizona's Justin Simon transferring after 1 season Mar 28
- Arizona falters against Wichita State, loses 65-55 Mar 18
- Wichita State ready to keep rolling, faces Arizona Mar 16
- Arizona coach Sean Miller fed up with court storming Feb 25
- Trier misses 3 at buzzer, No. 9 Arizona falls to Colorado Feb 25
- Arizona's Miller rips into team after loss to No. 23 Oregon Jan 29
- Freshman Trier to miss up to 6 weeks for No. 7 Arizona Jan 10
- Arizona's Trier coming on strong after talk from Miller Dec 12
- Gonzaga, Arizona to keep one of West's best matchups going Dec 2
- Arizona's Tarczewski out at least a month with foot injury Dec 1