Curry, Davidson snap losing streak against NC CentralNov 25, 2007 - 12:03 AM DAVIDSON, North Carolina (Ticker) -- Stephen Curry made sure that Davidson was not shocked again.
Curry scored 16 points as the 25th-ranked Wildcats rebound from consecutive losses with a 98-50 victory over North Carolina Central on Saturday.
A program on the rise due to the presence of the sharpshooting Curry, Davidson (2-2) evened up its record following an 83-76 loss to Western Michigan on Wednesday.
The setback to the hot-shooting Broncos was a disappointing one, especially after the Wildcats nearly toppled No. 1 North Carolina, 72-68, on November 14.
Curry, who had scored at least 20 points in his first three games, shot 6-of-14 from the field with a pair of 3-pointers.
The 6-foot sophomore had nine points, including a shot from the arc, in the first half as Davidson grabbed a 42-23 advantage at intermission.
The Wildcats, who led by as many as 20 points in the first half, kept up the pressure against the Eagles thereafter. Davidson finished with 15 steals, turning 27 turnovers by North Carolina Central into 24 points.
Thomas Sander and Stephen Rossiter both had 13 points for the Wildcats, who shot 48.6 percent (36-of-74) from the field and converted 14-of-18 free throws.
A sophomore, Rossiter also had 10 rebounds for his first career double-double.
Bryant Barr scored 12 points and Jason Richards added five, 10 assists and four steals for Davidson.
Davidson was once again impressive shooting the long-range shot, connecting on 12-of-35 (34.3 percent) from the arc. It has made at least 12 3-pointers in three of its four games this season.
Bryan Ayala was the lone player in double figures for the Eagles (1-6), who committed 27 turnovers.
An independent in its first season as a Division I club, North Carolina Central has already face three ranked teams this season, losing also to Florida and Duke.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
NC CENTRAL 23 27 50
DAVIDSON (25) 42 56 98 FINAL
Nov 24 3:56 PM
- NCAA BB
NC CENTRAL 23
(25) DAVIDSON 42 HALFTIME
Nov 24 2:53 PM
- White dominates as Iowa downs Davidson Mar 21
- South Region pits Hawkeyes against Wildcats Mar 20
- VCU beats Davidson to reach A-10 title game Mar 14
- Rams and Wildcats collide in A-10 bout Mar 14
- No. 24 Davidson beats La Salle at buzzer Mar 13
- Explorers seek upset of Wildcats in A-10 Tournament Mar 13
- Davidson hands No. 22 Dayton first A-10 loss Jan 20
- Davidson hosts No. 22 Dayton Jan 20
- VCU holds off Davidson Jan 8
- Rams butt heads with Wildcats in A-10 matchup Jan 7
- UVa shakes off slow start, downs Davidson Dec 30
- Wildcats come calling on third-ranked Cavaliers Dec 30