Davidson opens conference play against Appalachian StateNov 26, 2007 - 5:01 PM No. 25 Davidson (2-2) at Appalachian St (3-2) 7:00 pm EST
BOONE, North Carolina (Ticker) -- After a .500 start through four non-conference games to open the season, No. 25 Davidson faces Appalachian State on Monday in the Southern Conference opener for both teams.
It is the third time the two teams are opening conference play against each other. The last time came in the 2005-06 season, when the Wildcats posted a 102-69 victory.
Davidson is coming off a 98-50 rout of North Carolina Central on Saturday.
Sophomore guard Stephen Curry led five Davidson players in double figures with 16 points as the Wildcats led from start to finish. Curry leads Davidson in scoring at 22.0 points per game
Senior forward Thomas Sander scored 13 points for Davidson, while sophomores Stephen Rossiter (13), Bryant Barr (12) and William Archambault (10) also scored in double figures for the Wildcats.
The Mountaineers will be playing their first home game of the season. Appalachian State has won its last two games, including a 71-64 victory over Campbell on Wednesday.
Sophomore guard Ryann Abraham led four Mountaineers in double figures with 14 points.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
DAVIDSON 42 29 71
APPALACHIAN ST 28 32 60 FINAL
Nov 26 8:51 PM
- NCAA BB
APPALACHIAN ST 28 HALFTIME
Nov 26 7:47 PM
- White dominates as Iowa downs Davidson Mar 21
- South Region pits Hawkeyes against Wildcats Mar 20
- VCU beats Davidson to reach A-10 title game Mar 14
- Rams and Wildcats collide in A-10 bout Mar 14
- No. 24 Davidson beats La Salle at buzzer Mar 13
- Explorers seek upset of Wildcats in A-10 Tournament Mar 13
- Davidson hands No. 22 Dayton first A-10 loss Jan 20
- Davidson hosts No. 22 Dayton Jan 20
- VCU holds off Davidson Jan 8
- Rams butt heads with Wildcats in A-10 matchup Jan 7
- UVa shakes off slow start, downs Davidson Dec 30
- Wildcats come calling on third-ranked Cavaliers Dec 30