Wojta scores 25 to lead UWGB past No. 21 DePaulDec 3, 2009 - 3:37 AM GREEN BAY, Wis.(AP) -- Julie Wojta scored 25 points and Kayla Tetschlag added 16 as Wisconsin-Green Bay beat No. 21 DePaul 79-68 on Wednesday night.
The Phoenix (6-0) closed the first half on a 20-9 run to lead by 13 at halftime. Green Bay built its advantage to 18 in the second half en route to its first victory over a top 25 team since winning at TCU on Dec. 3, 2002.
The Blue Demons (5-2) trailed 63-51 with 6:03 remaining when the game was delayed for about 7 minutes due to a false fire alarm. After play resumed, DePaul got no closer than nine points.
Anna Martin scored 19 points before fouling out for the Blue Demons, playing their second game since losing Deirdre Naughton to a season-ending knee injury.
Wojta had 15 points in the first half on 5-of-5 shooting from the field and 4-for-4 from the foul line.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
DEPAUL (21) 68
WISC GREEN BAY 79 FINAL
Dec 2 10:25 PM
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19
- Lady Vols pull away in final 6 minutes to beat Green Bay Mar 18
- DePaul makes 11 3-pointers, routs James Madison 97-67 Mar 18
- James Madison-DePaul Preview Mar 17
- Wis.-Green Bay-Tennessee Preview Mar 17
- Green Bay women rout Milwaukee, coast to Horizon title Mar 13
- St. John's women upset No. 18 DePaul 75-66 in Big East semis Mar 7