UCLA rallies in 2nd half to beat Washington 73-55Feb 19, 2010 - 6:27 AM LOS ANGELES(AP) -- Markel Walker scored 19 points, grabbed four rebounds and made four steals to lead UCLA to a 73-55 victory over Washington on Thursday night.
It was the third straight win for the Bruins (17-7, 10-3 Pac-10), who are in second place in the conference behind Stanford.
The Bruins went into halftime down by a point, 31-32, but Jasmine Dixon made a layup that gave them the lead for good with about 17 minutes left. They rallied to lead by as many as 23 points in the second period.
Dixon finished with 17 points and five rebounds.
The Huskies (9-15, 4-10) were led by Kristi Kingma, who scored 10 points and grabbed five rebounds. Sarah Morton and Sami Whitcomb each scored nine points.
Washington shot only about 42 percent from the field while the Bruins went 26-for-48 for about 54 percent shooting.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
UCLA 73 FINAL
Feb 19 12:13 AM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
UCLA 31 HALFTIME
Feb 18 10:54 PM
- Washington coach Mike Neighbors signs contract extension May 13
- Washington women crack under Syracuse pressure, 80-59 Apr 4
- Syracuse women beat Washington 80-59, reach NCAA title game Apr 4
- Washington-Syracuse Preview Apr 2
- Huskies, Orange try to keep changes under wraps for rematch Apr 2
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25
- UCLA and Texas play in Bridgeport's "other" semifinal Mar 25