No. 13 Iowa State beats Missouri 55-42Feb 21, 2010 - 3:13 AM AMES, Iowa(AP) -- Chelsea Poppens scored 21 points and grabbed 16 rebounds to help No. 13 Iowa State beat Missouri 55-42 on Saturday night.
Alison Lacey added 17 points and eight assists for the Cyclones (20-5, 8-4 Big 12), who recovered from a 10-point loss at No. 3 Nebraska with their fourth win in five games. Lacey sat Wednesday against the Cornhuskers with a mild concussion.
The Cyclones capitalized on Missouri mistakes early, making eight of their first nine shots to open the game on an 18-2 run. Iowa State led 30-12 at halftime and held a double-digit lead for the entire second half.
Shakara Jones and RaeShara Brown each had 11 to lead Missouri (11-14, 1-11), which lost its seventh straight game. The Tigers, who took Nebraska to the wire before losing 82-78 last Saturday, have also dropped seven in a row against the Cyclones.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
IOWA ST (13) 55 FINAL
Feb 20 9:49 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
IOWA ST (13) 30 HALFTIME
Feb 20 8:44 PM
- Iowa State's Bill Fennelly, sued by ex-star, defends self Apr 29
- Moody's attorney, Iowa State disagree on university ruling Apr 19
- APNewsBreak: Former Iowa St star Nikki Moody sues coach Apr 18
- Atkins and Texas overpowers Missouri 73-55 to Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Missouri-Texas Preview Mar 20
- Muscular No. 10 Missouri's size a concern for No. 2 Texas Mar 20
- Cunningham powers No. 10 Missouri over No. 7 BYU 78-69 Mar 19
- Missouri-BYU Preview Mar 18
- Texas Tech women beat Iowa St. 89-84 in Big 12 tournament Mar 4
- Auburn women hold off Missouri 47-45 in SEC second round Mar 3
- No. 22 West Virginia women cruise past Iowa State 82-57 Mar 1
- Reed leads Vanderbilt women, upset No. 24 Missouri 56-52 Feb 28