No. 18 Texas beats Missouri 60-41Mar 4, 2010 - 3:21 AM AUSTIN, Texas(AP) -- Brittainey Raven scored 13 points as No. 18 Texas beat Missouri 60-41 on Wednesday night.
Erika Arriaran added nine points in the win. Cokie Reed held down the low post with nine points and five rebounds but injured her right ankle in the final minute of the game and had to be helped off the court by the training staff.
Toy Richbow's back-to-back baskets forced Texas to call a timeout with a slim 36-30 advantage. After the timeout, Kathleen Nash hit a 3-pointer from the right wing giving Texas a 42-32 lead, and the Longhorns (20-9, 9-6 Big 12) went on a 21-9 run in the final 13 minutes to shut down Missouri.
Shakara Jones and Jessra Johnson both scored 10 points for the Tigers (11-17, 1-14).
With 21 combined turnovers, neither Texas nor Missouri was able to generate much offense in the first half.
The Longhorns jumped out to an early 10-6 lead after two quick layups by Raven to start the game. Texas went on a 12-4 run in the next six minutes to provide some cushion and closed out the first half strong taking a 30-16 lead into halftime.
Missouri shot just 21 percent from the field in the first half, but Jones scored on three consecutive trips down the court after halftime to cut the Longhorns' lead to 34-24.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
TEXAS (18) 60 FINAL
Mar 3 9:53 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
TEXAS (18) 30 HALFTIME
Mar 3 8:50 PM
- UConn heads to 9th straight Final Four after beating Texas Mar 28
- Texas-UConn Preview Mar 27
- Auriemma has no apologies for UConn's dominance Mar 27
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25
- UCLA and Texas play in Bridgeport's "other" semifinal Mar 25
- Atkins and Texas overpowers Missouri 73-55 to Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Missouri-Texas Preview Mar 20
- Muscular No. 10 Missouri's size a concern for No. 2 Texas Mar 20
- Big 3rd quarter sends Texas over Alabama State 86-42 Mar 20
- Cunningham powers No. 10 Missouri over No. 7 BYU 78-69 Mar 19
- Missouri-BYU Preview Mar 18