Stanford cruises past OregonJan 6, 2012 - 6:14 AM Palo Alto, CA (Sports Network) - Nnemkadi Ogwumike posted 32 points and grabbed 15 rebounds, as No. 4 Stanford cruised past Oregon, 93-70.
Taylor Greenfield added 17 points, while Chiney Ogwumike recorded nine points and 12 rebounds. Bonnie Samuelson made 6-of-13 shots for 18 points in the victory. All of Samuelson's points came on a season-high six treys for Stanford (12-1, 3-0 Pac-12), which won its 70th straight home game and 60th in a row over a conference foe.
Deanna Weaver led Oregon (9-6, 1-2) with 16 points, while Nia Jackson added 13 points and Danielle Love donated 11.
Nnemkadi Ogwumike had a double-double (17 points, 11 rebounds) by halftime, as Stanford drained seven first-half threes to open a 43-31 lead. The Cardinal star needs three boards to become the fourth player in school history to grab 1,000 rebounds.
Stanford made 51 percent of its shots in the second half and led by as many as 27 down the stretch.
- OREGON: 70
Jan 5 11:38 PM
- OREGON: 31
Jan 5 10:42 PM
- OREGON: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 5 10:06 PM
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- Tara VanDerveer, former star Jennifer Azzi take NCAA stage Mar 18
- San Francisco-Stanford Preview Mar 18