No. 4 Stanford thumps ColoradoJan 15, 2012 - 2:01 AM Boulder, CO (Sports Network) - Joslyn Tinkle netted a game-high 20 points leading the fourth-ranked Stanford Cardinal to an 80-54 drubbing of Colorado on Saturday.
Chiney Ogwumike finished with 19 points and nine rebounds, while Toni Kokenis contributed 19 points and five rebounds for Stanford (15-1, 6-0 Pac-12), which has won 11 consecutive games. Nnemkadi Ogwumike had 15 points and five boards in the victory.
Jen Reese and Brittany Wilson paced the Buffaloes (13-3, 2-3) with 10 points apiece, while Julie Seabrook contributed eight points in the loss. Colorado has lost three of its last four games.
Stanford opened the contest with a 9-0 run, capped by a three-pointer by Ogwumike. A pair of free throws by Jasmine Sborov finally stopped the run to get Colorado on the board and make it 9-2 with 13 minutes to play in the first half.
Lexy Kresl sank a three-pointer with just over nine minutes to go in the opening 20 minutes to make it 13-9, but then Stanford began to take control of the game.
The Cardinal went on a 19-6 run to close out the first half holding a comfortable 32-15 advantage at the break.
Stanford continued to make shots in the second half and Colorado never got close in the latter 20 minutes of play.
Stanford shot 50 percent from the field, while Colorado shot 33 percent (19- of-58) and just 16 percent (3-of-19) from three-point range.
- STANFORD: 80
Jan 14 7:58 PM
- STANFORD: 32
Jan 14 6:51 PM
- STANFORD: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 14 6:10 PM
- Colorado hires JR Payne as women's basketball coach Mar 28
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- San Francisco-Stanford Preview Mar 18