No. 7 Tennessee cruises past AlabamaJan 27, 2012 - 5:21 AM
Glory Johnson added 13 points and eight rebounds for the Lady Vols (15-5, 6-1 SEC), who rebounded from Monday's 72-44 drubbing at Notre Dame. Kamiko Williams and Isabelle Harrison both finished with 10 points, while Ariel Massengale handed out 11 assists.
Kyra Crosby paced the Crimson Tide (10-11, 0-7), losers of seven straight, with 15 points. They have dropped 38 consecutive games against Tennessee.
The Lady Vols led 22-12 midway through the opening half and never looked back, taking a comfortable 47-32 lead into the break. Johnson had nine points over the opening 20 minutes, as did Cierra Burdick.
The advantage reached 30 on a Harrison jumper with seven minutes remaining and Stricklen lead the reserves down the stretch, finishing with 10 second-half points on 3-of-5 shooting.
In all, the Lady Vols shot 45 percent from the floor and assisted on 22 of 32 field goals. The Crimson Tide, who have not defeated Tennessee since 1984, went 1-of-14 from three-point range and committed 22 turnovers.
- TENNESSEE: 86
Jan 26 10:58 PM
- TENNESSEE: 47
Jan 26 9:55 PM
- TENNESSEE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 26 9:05 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21