No. 4 Stanford cruises past ArizonaFeb 5, 2012 - 12:10 AM Tucson, AZ (Sports Network) - Joslyn Tinkle led the way with 22 points and 11 rebounds and No. 4 Stanford demolished Arizona, 91-51, on Saturday.
All five starters scored in double figures including Chiney Ogwumike, who had 18 points and 10 boards, and her sister Nnemkadi Ogwumike, who added 15 points for Stanford (20-1, 11-0 Pac-12), which remained unbeaten in conference play and extended its winning streak to 17 straight.
Arizona (13-10, 2-9) was led by Candice Warthen, who scored 13 points and Shanita Arnold, who added 10 points. Arizona has now lost its last six contests.
Stanford's 10-0 run to start the game paced the Cardinal as they took the lead and never looked back.
Stanford shot 56 percent in the first half and it led 51-31 going into halftime.
A 28-5 run to start the second half allowed Stanford to run away with a 40- point victory.
- STANFORD: 91
Feb 4 5:43 PM
- STANFORD: 51
Feb 4 4:43 PM
- STANFORD: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 4 4:12 PM
- Arizona hires Barnes as next women's basketball coach Apr 4
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- San Francisco-Stanford Preview Mar 18