No. 8 Maryland breezes past ClemsonFeb 10, 2012 - 2:36 AM Clemson, SC (Sports Network) - Lynetta Kizer led six players in double figures with 18 points, as No. 8 Maryland breezed past Clemson, 91-61, on Thursday.
Alicia DeVaughn added 15 points while Tianna Hawkins and Alyssa Thomas both had 14 for the Terrapins (21-3, 8-3 ACC), winners of three straight. Laurin Mincy finished with 13 points and Brene Moseley had 10.
The Tigers (6-16, 2-9) have dropped 10 straight to Maryland, dating back to 2004. They were led by Nikki Dixon's 17 points while Chancie Dunn chipped in 12.
The Terps were up 14-4 less than five minutes in on a jumper by DeVaugh and didn't look back. The advantage reached 20, 39-19, late in the first half and Sequoia Austin had Maryland up 46-26 at the break with a buzzer-beating layup.
After the break, a 13-3 Terps run turned a 20-point lead into an 80-50 margin. Maryland cruised from there, finishing at a 51.6 percent clip from the floor, compared to 33.3 percent for Clemson.
- MARYLAND: 91
Feb 9 8:57 PM
- MARYLAND: 46
Feb 9 7:55 PM
- MARYLAND: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 9 7:08 PM
- Plum scores 32 as Washington stuns Maryland Mar 21
- Washington-Maryland Preview Mar 20
- Maryland, Washington: Opposites attract in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Maryland spoils Iona debut in NCAA Tournament with 74-58 win Mar 19
- Iona-Maryland Preview Mar 18
- In season of change, Maryland returns to NCAAs as No. 2 seed Mar 16
- No. 5 Maryland women top Northwestern 83-62 Mar 5
- No. 5 Maryland pulls away from Iowa 75-55 in Big Ten tourney Mar 4
- Wake Forest beats Clemson 73-58 in ACC women's tourney Mar 2
- No. 6 Maryland beats Minnesota 110-77 to win Big Ten title Feb 28
- Senior Moseley gives No. 6 Maryland women lift off bench Feb 27
- No. 2 Notre Dame grabs share of ACC title with 71-52 win Feb 25