No. 2 Stanford bests SeattleMar 1, 2012 - 6:16 AM Stanford, CA (Sports Network) - Nnemkadi Ogwumike scored 19 points and Chiney Ogwumike had 18, as No. 2 Stanford downed Seattle, 76-52, on Wednesday.
Joslyn Tinkle added 14 points, Bonnie Samuelson had 12 and Amber Orrange finished with 10 and nine assists for the Cardinal (27-1), who had already secured their 12th consecutive Pac-12 championship. They have won 24 straight games and 79 in a row at home, marking the nation's longest active home win streak.
The Redhawks (17-10), who are in their final year of transitioning to Division I play, were led by Talisa Rhea's 18 points.
Stanford jumped out to an early 26-15, but Seattle fought back, pulling within six, 35-29, on Kacie Sowell's jumper with 3:33 left in the opening half.
The Cardinal closed with an 8-0 run, getting four points from Orrange en route to a 43-29 lead at the break.
They continued to surge ahead, stretching the advantage to 20, 51-31, on Nnemkadi Ogwumike's three-point play early in the second half and were not tested the rest of the way.
- SEATTLE: 52
Feb 29 11:37 PM
- SEATTLE: 29
Feb 29 10:43 PM
- SEATTLE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 29 10:01 PM
- Joan Bonvicini resigns as head coach of Seattle Mar 29
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- San Francisco-Stanford Preview Mar 18